Author Topic: New OC'er in Muskegon  (Read 3486 times)

Offline KO8Z

New OC'er in Muskegon
« on: April 28, 2011, 07:25:27 PM »
Hello everyone,
                         New to the site and have been OC in Muskegon for a couple of months now. No issues OC on my motorcycle as well ?  Just waiting for spring to start any day now!  Great Site MOC !!

KO8Z

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
Re: New OC'er in Muskegon
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:28:19 PM »
Welcome!

I assume you have your CPL if you are riding with your weapon. (Just checking - the motorcycle topic has been brought up a number of times on here...)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline KO8Z

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »
Yes, although talking with local LEO it is veiwed as "Open Carry on a venicle" not "in"? Note: This was from a very friendly conversation at a local gas station which all started with his interest in my motorcycle. Never asked for CPL.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »
Welcome, be safe out there, Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »
Like I said, this has been brought up several times on here, but the consensus seems to be that the definition of 'vehicle' in Michigan includes motorcycles.  This would cause transporting a pistol on a bike to require a CPL.

Can anyone point out the relevant sections of the MCL?  If not, I'll try to look them up later - don't have time right now.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 11:23:49 PM »
WELCOME!

"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993