Author Topic: Fred Russ Forest Park - "No Firearms" signs  (Read 14471 times)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Fred Russ Forest Park - "No Firearms" signs
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 11:29:41 PM »
I can contact the MSU Police Chief via MOC email for an "official" comment.  Can someone get the MSU chiefs email, I can't seem to find it.

Email Sent with Chief Dunlap's email address.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline redskin

• ...our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »
So I went out to that park again recently for more Geocaching fun, and I found something new:

This sign was definitely not up the last time I was there, so in between my original posting and this one somebody went out and put even more of these up. At least two from what I could see.

I put a request in with the County Clerk on records relating to the park, and I've got one of my good friends on the County Commission poking around with it too. Did anybody else get anywhere on it?
A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers and woods, but a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »
someone out there should check the tax roles to verify the owner of the land/park.