Author Topic: Form Letter to national gun groups aking for help with CADL case  (Read 5929 times)

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
Below is a form letter approved by MOC, Inc and their counsel for members of national firearms groups to send to their leadership asking for their support in the CADL vs MOC, Inc. case

We are asking you all to send this letter to you national representatives. NRA, GOA, JPGO, 2A Foundation, etc. are all groups that could help this fight.

(The Q, Esq-Stu and I worked on the letter.)

NRA contact form https://www.nrahq.org/contact.asp

GOA contact form http://gunowners.net/cgi-bin/ttx.cgi?cmd=newticket

Jews for the Preservation of gun ownership (JPGO) jpfo@jpfo.org</SPAN></SPAN>

2nd Amendment Foundation http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=contact

Dear Leadership of <Insert the name of your rights group here>,

I am writing you to inform you about recent events threatening firearms rights in Michigan. As you may know, Michigan law preempts firearms regulations by local government. Recently, the Capitol Area District Library in the Lansing area banned firearms possession in its facilities claiming the Library can do so because it is an “authority” and not a local government.

A judge in the 30th Circuit Court for Ingham County, Michigan has issued a Preliminary Injunction authorizing the Library's gun ban and enjoining ALL MEMBERS OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC from openly carrying a holstered firearm in this public library, subject to the court's contempt powers. The Library's director has stated under oath that his goal is to BAN all firearms from the Library (open and concealed carry). The Library is also asking the judge to declare all public libraries as K-12 schools so that under Michigan and federal law they will become gun free zones.

This Court case has chilling implications for the Right to Keep and Bear arms in Michigan. Preemption could collapse as cities around the State create authorities that can ban firearms (Sidewalk Authorities, Park Authorities, City Building Authorities, Downtown Development Authorities, etc.). All public libraries in Michigan could become weapon-free school zones if the Court sides with the Library.

The case is still in the Circuit Court and the discovery process under way through early June 2011. I feel it is likely the case will not be resolved in the Circuit Court as the judge has made her feelings about the issue well known. Legal costs are mounting and may soon become very large. As a member of this organization I IMPLORE you to support Michigan Open Carry, Inc. and the others who have joined the fight to protect our Liberties!

To find out how <insert the Organization's name> can help, please contact the lead attorneys on the case:

DEAN G. GREENBLATT, PLC
4190 Telegraph Road
Suite 3500
P.O.Box 40
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
(248) 644-7520

STUART J. WEISS
6646 Tamerlane Dr.
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
(248) 390-8850

Most urgently, in the name of Liberty,

<Your Name>
<Your Identification Number within the organization>
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:48:44 PM by northofnowhere »
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
Re: Form Letter to national gun groups aking for help with CADL case
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 04:37:15 AM »
Sent to the NRA.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Form Letter to national gun groups aking for help with CADL case
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:13:16 AM »
Sent to NRA-ILA.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »
 ;) Sent to NRA also.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline smallthunder

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 05:52:52 AM »
Has the NRA contacted any you back yet?

Offline Markalon

• 2AFirearmsDealer.com
  • First Name (Displayed): Mark
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 01:12:14 PM »
Your email has been sent.

Thank you for contacting us and signing up for NRA-ILA legislative alerts.

Funny, I was already signed up for the alerts... lol.
Mark - 2A Firearms, Livonia, MI - I carry a gun because cops are too damn heavy.

2afirearmsdealer.com - Discount Firearms, Ammunition