Author Topic: 7 Lakes state park meet/greet  (Read 4073 times)

Offline JoeCar

7 Lakes state park meet/greet
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:30:11 PM »
Anyone interested in having a meet/greet at one of the pavilions in this park? How about in the month of June? You'll need a park sticker on your license plate if you birthday has already passed. Otherwise, you are free to enter until your license has to be renewed. At that time, they'll ask you if you want park option.

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
Re: 7 Lakes state park meet/greet
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:20:07 PM »
where is that?
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:21:08 AM »
It's in Holly, Mi. off of Grange Hall rd. A couple of miles before the city of Fenton

Warchild

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 10:31:06 AM »
You mean the one just E. of Dixie Hwy off Grange Hall rd.? If so, I have fished the old Wildwood lake since 1960 when it was Wildwood state park with the entrance off Dixie Hwy. Never been skunked. Has some of the biggest bass in the state. Record pike and perch too. Great park for sure. 

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 05:05:35 PM »
I think this is a different park. You have to pass through the new parts of Holly (on Grange Hall rd.) and then turn right on Fish Lk. rd. Down about a half mile. There are state park signs along the way to help guide. Anyways, on Memorial Day, there was a free for all between two groups that ended in a stabbing to a woman. That is why the State police were there. I read that in the Fenton Press.

Warchild

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »
Sorry, I tend to get the two confused; since they changed the name to Holly state recreation area, is where I was thinking of...off Mcginnis rd.