Author Topic: Most popular firearms?  (Read 10103 times)

Offline Markalon

• 2AFirearmsDealer.com
  • First Name (Displayed): Mark
Most popular firearms?
« on: July 22, 2011, 08:39:27 AM »
Very soon I'm going to be opening a firearms shop and I'd be curious to know what you all think are the most popular firearms. I'd like to start by stocking the most common and popular firearms. So shoot away and let me know!  ;D

Firearms related items too!
Mark - 2A Firearms, Livonia, MI - I carry a gun because cops are too damn heavy.

2afirearmsdealer.com - Discount Firearms, Ammunition

Offline smallthunder

Re: Most popular firearms?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 10:39:10 AM »
Springfield XD series.  8)

Offline METL

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 11:26:14 AM »
Glocks.

Offline shawn3408

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »
Draco CIA AK-47 pistols
MR.sHaWnDeAlWiThIt

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 02:34:26 PM »
M&P, Taurus Judge(I'm not a fan but they sell like crazy)

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »
GLOCKS, CARRY ON BABY.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline k_rasmusen

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 10:04:25 PM »
Glock

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 12:33:31 AM »
M&P
SIG
RUGER
GLOCK

Now most gun shops are a bit snobbish but remember: everybody starts somewhere and even poor people deserve the right to protect themselves so think about carrying some Hi-points. My experience with them is they are good inexpensive [not cheap - there's a difference] guns made right here in the USA. Hell,  I had a issue with a 19 yr. old 9mm {$89 in 1992} [JS-9 my 1st pistol] & they sent me a new one! That's good customer service. Now to add insult to injury this pistol regularly out shoots my 2nd pistol [Glock 17] {$449 in 1992} maybe it's the fixed barrel design or the dampened recoil due to the heavy slide but they run! They '45 & 40' cals seem to get the best reviews.

http://www.gunweek.com/2006/feature0120.html

Torture test

Solid 45 cal review

http://www.thegunfever.com/MKS34510.html

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:49:45 AM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 04:01:07 AM »
M&P
SIG
RUGER
GLOCK

Now most gun shops are a bit snobbish but remember: everybody starts somewhere and even poor people deserve the right to protect themselves so think about carrying some Hi-points. My experience with them is they are good inexpensive [not cheap - there's a difference] guns made right here in the USA. Hell,  I had a issue with a 19 yr. old 9mm {$89 in 1992} [JS-9 my 1st pistol] & they sent me a new one! That's good customer service. Now to add insult to injury this pistol regularly out shoots my 2nd pistol [Glock 17] {$449 in 1992} maybe it's the fixed barrel design or the dampened recoil due to the heavy slide but they run! They '45 & 40' cals seem to get the best reviews.

Torture test

Solid 45 cal review

Yes ,the weight of my JHP 45 makes a difference.I OC with it 100% of the time I leave my home!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:04:04 AM by hamaneggs »
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 01:39:24 PM »
M&P
SIG
RUGER
GLOCK

Torture test

Solid 45 cal review

Yes ,the weight of my JHP 45 makes a difference.I OC with it 100% of the time I leave my home!

Good to hear Sir. I'm going to get a JHP [maybe two] in the near future.
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 06:14:44 PM »
I got a Ruger p90TH stainless with a custom Dan Ragan holster 4 sale! About 200 rounds through. No Problems. Looking to gat a Dan Wesson 1911!!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 09:52:58 AM »
M&P
SIG
RUGER
GLOCK

I am no expert, by any means, but I would say the above list is solid.  IMHO, I would say specifically:

Hipoints (for reasons already listed in this thread)
9mm and .40 cal would be my focus for many of the listed companies.

Some specific guns I have heard sell well:

Glock 17
Glock 19
Glock 26
Glock 22
Glock 23
Glock 27
Glock 21
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P40
S&W SD9
S&W SD40
S&W J-frames
Ruger LCP
Ruger LCR
Ruger SR9c
Ruger SR40c (just released - I am guessing this will be as popular as the SR9c)
Keltec PF9
Keltec P3AT
Colt 1911 (I'm guessing you could spend thousands putting various 1911s in your shop, but Colt's is one of the most popular)

These are just a few off the top of my head - again, I'm no expert
----------------------------------------
-Greyh

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 11:34:26 PM »
I got a Ruger p90TH stainless with a custom Dan Ragan holster 4 sale! About 200 rounds through. No Problems. Looking to gat a Dan Wesson 1911!!

This forum has a for sale section. I'd recommend you post it there [you won't get the low ballers like on MGO]. If you can't [non member?] I'll post it for you, if you need help. I assume you are a good guy, because I know your uncle, and figure you to be a straight shooter also.
;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:37:41 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
If your going to sell long guns Marlin 22s and a few "self defense" shotguns.

• Daniel
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 08:16:14 PM »
I could not find the for sale section in the forums. If you could post it that would be great! I'm looking for $400. It is the Ruger P90th .45 stainless. It was a Davidsons exclusive with hogue grip. Also comes with a Dan Ragan holster. 200 rounds through w/ no problems. Can contact me at armedcitizen@live.com

Thanx!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »
I think it is a rather subjective question...I would first attempt to analyze your potential customer base. 
However, my list is below.

Glock
S&W (M&P's)
Did I mention Glock
Keltec
Ruger (LCP380)
Glock
Springfield XD models
HiPoint (Junk, but you'll move'm)
Colt & Kimbers if you'll attract money folk.
Uh....how about some Glocks.
Bersa -- (380 model)
S&W Revolvers
Sccy (Skyy) (Newer company -- has a copy of the P-11)
Taurus
Don't forget the glocks -- and have the ability to sell the LE models...

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 11:48:48 PM »
I think it is a rather subjective question...I would first attempt to analyze your potential customer base. 
However, my list is below.

Glock
S&W (M&P's)
Did I mention Glock
Keltec
Ruger (LCP380)
Glock
Springfield XD models
HiPoint (Junk, but you'll move'm)
Colt & Kimbers if you'll attract money folk.
Uh....how about some Glocks.
Bersa -- (380 model)
S&W Revolvers
Sccy (Skyy) (Newer company -- has a copy of the P-11)
Taurus
Don't forget the glocks -- and have the ability to sell the LE models...

Do you even own a Hi-Point? I own too many guns to list including MANY glocks. While a hi-point will never be a glock I would match a Hi-point up against many [Keltec / bersa "owned or shot both"] in your list as being just as, if not more accurate and durable - the P11 is only rated for 6.000 rounds for it's life cycle & does not handle +P ammo well ??? This is just one example. I KNOW my P11 couldn't handle having hot loads & bore obstructions applied to it like the Hi-Point has. The biggest issue with Hi-Points are the mags. Once you learn how to adjust the feed lips they usually run flawlessly. Also The JHP (45 acp) will accept 15 rd. single stack mags with a very minor "tweaK" giving you more fire power in a 45 (15+1=16) then most 45 owners have ever dreamed of.

-Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 11:55:24 PM »
See below
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:21:53 AM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
I could not find the for sale section in the forums. If you could post it that would be great! I'm looking for $400. It is the Ruger P90th .45 stainless. It was a Davidsons exclusive with hogue grip. Also comes with a Dan Ragan holster. 200 rounds through w/ no problems. Can contact me at armedcitizen@live.com

Thanx!

DONE! Yeah - the for sale section is a member only area of the forum, that's why you can't see it :(
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:23:27 AM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

• Daniel
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:25 AM »
Thanx for your help man... I do appreciate it!