Author Topic: You "in your face" OCers......  (Read 4760 times)

Offline METL

You "in your face" OCers......
« on: June 09, 2011, 09:53:25 PM »
You "in your face" OCers are getting my gun rights revoked...    -Jim Church, Bath

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20110609/OPINION02/106090303/Thursday-s-letters-editor

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: You "in your face" OCers......
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:38:16 AM »
Opinions are like _ _ _ HOLES everybody has one, some just like to stink up the place with theirs more than others. Jim is most likely one of those folks who never makes direct eye contact with his elected officials for fear of bringing down their wrath, should they find him offensive. This is why we have a first amendment backed by a second amendment, so we don't end up living in tyranny fearful & cowering from our government. I guess Jim can't quite grasp that concept, can he? ???
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 09:25:10 AM »
Dear Mr. Church, sorry for the inconvenience that you suffer. We open carriers have the same problems. Unless i am mistaken, we open carry under Art. 1, Sec. 6 of the Mich. Constitution. It reads: Every person has the right to keep and bear (carry, show) arms for the defense of himself and the state. A cpl allows one to carry as a privilege of the state. One of the cpl rules that we are subject to acknowledge is that "private" property rights trump public . One is trespassing... if without owner permission. I would bet over time if more people carried (either way), that things would loosen up. The mystery and fear of the idea will dissipate. That's my take on. Carry on!

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 04:26:59 PM »
I was unaware of the law protecting Jim's Constitutional rights, but not mine.  It is unfortunate so many feel that Constitutional rights should only apply to themselves.   It is this type of thinking that is leading this country down a treacherous path.   Just because I feel something strongly, and 50.1% of the population also feels that way, does not mean my rights in the 49.9 percentile should no longer matter.  Feel, think, and pray how you want, but allow others the same courtesy.  My rights are every bit as important as everyone else's rights.  I do not like to wear bright pink shirts.  That is my personal belief.  Others wearing pink shirts affects me NOT AT ALL, so I do not demean, outlaw, or otherwise impede on others who do wear bright pink shirts, it is none of my business.

I am not Gay, that does not mean that I feel those who are deserve to be segregated or banned.  I can not be what they are and still respect their rights and lives.  I wear a gun for protection, does that mean I should vote, fight for, and want legislate to outlaw those who do not like to wear guns?  I am amazed, daily, at how much the "majority" likes to censor, control, and legislate the minority.  Leave me alone.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline Tail2spin

• Doug
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »
Thank You Jason!
Doug

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 12:03:36 PM »
Like I have been saying, CPL is a Concealed Permission License!. By law it Converts a God given Right into a Privilege.  Tho Maybe it should stand for Constitutional Permission?   UGH!
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »
 8) A+ Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.