Author Topic: OC Gratiot Cruise  (Read 3117 times)

Offline PaulC

OC Gratiot Cruise
« on: June 18, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »
OC'd for the first time today ;) at the Gratiot Cruise. Walked from 9-10 mile and back. Up one side down the other. There were LEO's all over the place and several noticed and simply said hello. A few other people were very polite. The fact that I probably looked like a LEO myself made things easier I suspect. All in all I was out there for about an hour.
"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author

Offline fozzy71

Re: OC Gratiot Cruise
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
I ride my bike up/down that stretch, and all around this area, frequently.  They are very used to it around here, though they do occasionally over-react (like sending 4 cruisers when I was OC'ing while doing laundry).

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
Re: OC Gratiot Cruise
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:30:30 PM »
I made it out there for a few hours from 2-4. The only interaction I had was a drunk guy asking about the stress of my job.  ??? Fortunately I was able to get away from him quickly, I hate dealing with drunks.

On another note, I was doing some work outside my shop in Fraser on Friday night. Two squad cars pulled into the driveway about 15 seconds apart. They sat in the drive for about five minutes and then pulled out going back in the direction they came from. Maybe they just use our parking lot for quick meetings in the evening? ? ?
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.