Author Topic: Saw my first OCer  (Read 4490 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Saw my first OCer
« on: June 11, 2011, 10:20:16 AM »
Last night I stopped for some beef lips at the Roseville National Coney around 3:00am. And for the first time I saw someone OC'g outside of an "event" or gathering. He was at the counter.

There was also an armed security guard. He's the one that pointed out the other OCer to me.

I was semi-OC'g, as usual. The guard saw it and so did the manager. He asked if it was a 45. We chatted a moment on my way out.

It was just so very unusual to me. Something I had never seen before there. It just left me wondering on the way out.

Why did they have an armed security guard?

That has got to be the most heavily guarded National Coney in Metro Detroit. After all it is the MOC Eastside Clubhouse.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Saw my first OCer
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 02:55:45 PM »
Good to know Pat. When I'm in that area I'll be sure to spend my money at this OC friendly business. They have 99 cent coney's on Wednesdays!  8)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 09:52:30 PM »
Armed guard? Wow, I've never seen that before...maybe it's only for the "drunkards shift" after 2:00am. I'll ask next time I'm in there. I refuse to eat a place so dangerous it needs armed guards.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:28:58 AM »
Oh come on now. Having an armed guard doesn't mean anything. Think of all the places you eat where you have to carry a gun. ;)
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 03:23:06 PM »
I've seen a guard there several times and well before midnight, though not usually during the day/morning hours. I see it as the owner takes my safety seriously enough to provide an additional level of security beyond 911.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 09:35:28 PM »
Oh come on now. Having an armed guard doesn't mean anything. Think of all the places you eat where you have to carry a gun. ;)

Good point.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »
I've seen a guard there several times and well before midnight, though not usually during the day/morning hours. I see it as the owner takes my safety seriously enough to provide an additional level of security beyond 911.

I agree with that. It was the first time I had ever seen it though.