Author Topic: Firearms banned at Muskegon Summer Celebration  (Read 4696 times)

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
Firearms banned at Muskegon Summer Celebration
« on: May 17, 2011, 04:04:29 PM »
MOC has initiated contact with the directors of the Muskegon Summer Celebration. http://www.summercelebration.com/
They have a firearm ban we are working to reverse. Stay tuned for updates.

Offline redskin

• ...our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
Re: Firearms banned at Muskegon Summer Celebration
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 01:12:02 AM »
While we're at it, most of the County Fairs prohibit firearms. My county, Cass, and Allegan I know of for sure.
A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers and woods, but a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 07:41:47 AM »
While we're at it, most of the County Fairs prohibit firearms. My county, Cass, and Allegan I know of for sure.

Unfortunately most of them are on private property and are run by privately funded fair boards.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline redskin

• ...our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 01:42:36 PM »
I know, but I still don't like it.
A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers and woods, but a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
  • Rock Island Armory 1911A1 FS Tactical .45 ACP
    • Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
  • First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »
I think AG opinion 7120 would prevail:
It is my opinion, therefore, that a municipal outdoor recreation park does not, by itself, constitute an “entertainment facility”
within the meaning of section 5o(1)(f) of the Concealed Pistol Licensing Act, and thus is not a gun-free zone as established by that statute.

JENNIFER M. GRANHOLM
Attorney General
In many ways, good old Jenny was a much better AG than she ever was a governor. ;)
Big Gay Al
Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 04:31:07 PM »
I think AG opinion 7120 would prevail:
It is my opinion, therefore, that a municipal outdoor recreation park does not, by itself, constitute an “entertainment facility”
within the meaning of section 5o(1)(f) of the Concealed Pistol Licensing Act, and thus is not a gun-free zone as established by that statute.

JENNIFER M. GRANHOLM
Attorney General
In many ways, good old Jenny was a much better AG than she ever was a governor. ;)

I would like to think that she would have been a better judge than most also. As it appeared that she was a non-activist in her law interpretations.

But as governor... Politician... yes. Statesman... NO!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline KO8Z

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 12:32:04 AM »
Has there been any new developments with this issue? I live in Muskegon and I have not seen anything posted down at the event location? (No firearm signs)