Author Topic: Car thief shot by home owner  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Quball

• Skull Works LLC
Car thief shot by home owner
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:39:52 PM »
All I can say is WOW.  This poor thief got shot and all the news can do is interview the accomplish.  Bottom line IMO if you want to stay alive don't steal.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28387464/index.html

The news should of reported that this thief got caught and shot, unfortunately he lost his life.  Word to the wise if you steal you there is a good chance you will come across someone that will protect his stuff and you will be shot.
You will never hear that from the news. EVER!

Offline Greyh Seer

Re: Car thief shot by home owner
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 08:46:04 PM »
The car jacker broke the law,  but so did the gun owner.  I suspect there will be negative consequences for him.
----------------------------------------
-Greyh

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 09:11:04 PM »
Oh I'm sure the car owner will go to jail, But that in my opinion is crap. The thief got exactly what he deserved! Justice served!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
I'm not sure that death is a fitting punishment for a smash and grab...
----------------------------------------
-Greyh

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 10:51:59 PM »
fox 2 talked to the white trash hillbilly friends and relatives of the shot thief - just a neighbor of homeowner supporting him. he went to work and police called him back to scene. maybe if criminals worked like him instead of stealing he would still be alive.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 01:18:02 AM »
it is sad that anyone died... But people work hard for the things they have and need, just to have some bum stroll on in and take what they want... Why?? Because there is no fear of consequence! Ok... Im done venting... I just think people need more rights to protect what is theirs.
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 08:14:04 AM »
If someone just scared two unknown men, at five o'clock in the morning with gun shots into the air, would his adrenaline not be at it's highest. Then shortly these two men return , would you not fear for your life? You don't have time to question them, as they may be coming for revenge. An honest man is sleeping with his family at that time of day, not prowling neighborhoods with his pregnant wife.

Offline Quball

• Skull Works LLC
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 10:16:02 AM »
All very good points.  No he should not of been stealing, No he should not of been out with his pregnant wife, No the home owner should not of been just shooting up in the air to scare them, and no the news should not be interviewing the accomplish (which should be in jail as well) as though the home onwer was in the wrong.

One thing I do agree with and the point was brought up.  The thief came by once got scared off.  They came back again, I for sure would think my life and family is in danger.  I just would of shot straight. (a little gun humor there.)

I know a lot of wrongs don't make a right. but when it comes to protecting whats mine, if you do me wrong you know I'll will make it right.

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 01:34:02 AM »
In no way do I feel sorry for the  thieves, but in my opinion with the way its been reported to go down(which those details could be wrong)
the shooter made a few crucial mistakes.  IMO he should not have fired warning shots, And he should not have shot unless he was in imminent danger. (maybe the story will change) but it sounded like he shot because he was pissed at them for trying to break into cars.
Depending on what statements were made to media or Police before he had a lawyer present. He could be going to prison.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 07:55:17 AM »
Don't we have the Castle law in this state? This would allow one to stand his ground and to use force if he deems it necessary. In the past, a thief could enter your house, declare he has no weapon, and proceed to take your big screen tv. You, using good sense would offer to help  carry it out so that he wouldn't later sue you for a hernia.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Car thief shot by home owner
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 04:13:45 PM »
Don't we have the Castle law in this state? This would allow one to stand his ground and to use force if he deems it necessary. In the past, a thief could enter your house, declare he has no weapon, and proceed to take your big screen tv. You, using good sense would offer to help  carry it out so that he wouldn't later sue you for a hernia.

It depends. Was the car parked on the curb and you were in your house at the time or did a guy come running at your open window, wielding a knife, and demand you get out?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Warchild

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 04:25:49 PM »
NO...the castle doctrine does not authorize the use of deadly force to protect property...period.