Author Topic: Finding a good club/store/range in Lansing  (Read 5965 times)

Offline Greyh Seer

Finding a good club/store/range in Lansing
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:39:14 PM »
I am moving to Lansing in a couple of months and I haven't ever spent the time to research the area as far as ranges etc.

Can anyone recomend a good:

1. Range
2. Gun Club (specifically one that does IDPA, as my wife is very interested)
3. Gun Store(s)

Thanks!
----------------------------------------
-Greyh

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
Re: Finding a good club/store/range in Lansing
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »
Give my regards to Bernero.  :o

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 12:28:17 AM »
The hardware store in ST. Johns has a nice gun store attached. They have a nice selection and sell reloading supplies.

Sleepy Hollow Conservation Club just north of St Johns does IDPA style shooting and is a nice group of people. Talk to the folks at the hardware store for more info as some of them are members. They are also both OC friendly!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline METL

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 11:30:48 PM »
Chief Okemos is a gun club in Dimondale, just west of lansing...  they have an open house July 16th... you might want to check it out.   THere are a few gun shops that I frequent...     Not Just Guns in mason..  and Total Firearms in holt/mason...

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
I will be living in the Holt area, so some of those sound close!  I hope they are well stocked and priced well!
-Greyh

Offline Helljumper09

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 01:58:35 AM »
The Gilroys Hardware in St. Johns has a decent selection if a bit small, but prices are well below most othes in the area. Everyone forgot to mention Classic Arms on Lake Lansing Rd. Really good selection and prices are more than fair. They will work with you on prices and also do trade ins. Total Firearms has a HUGE selection as I was just in there yesterday but the prices are $100-$300 above anywhere else, that is to say they are rediculous. Also took my Taurus PT 745 in to see what they would do a trade in and they said they would only give me $50 to $75 for it. Rediculous I said as I paid $350 for it 2 years ago.
Accidents happen when some idiot puts his boogerhook on the bang switch!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 08:51:59 AM »
I am a Member of Chief O
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »
The Gilroys Hardware in St. Johns has a decent selection if a bit small, but prices are well below most othes in the area. Everyone forgot to mention Classic Arms on Lake Lansing Rd. Really good selection and prices are more than fair. They will work with you on prices and also do trade ins. Total Firearms has a HUGE selection as I was just in there yesterday but the prices are $100-$300 above anywhere else, that is to say they are rediculous. Also took my Taurus PT 745 in to see what they would do a trade in and they said they would only give me $50 to $75 for it. Rediculous I said as I paid $350 for it 2 years ago.

If you want to sell that Taurus, list it on MGO Classified. Lots of overpriced guns are sold there. Might take a while. But it appears that they eventually get sold to someone.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
I stopped in at Total Firearms in Holt/Mason yesterday.  Giant sign that says no uncased guns...Are they OC friendly?  (I didnt stop in for long as I was on my way home from work)
-Greyh

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »
BARF -- Total Firearms = VERY OC UNFRIENDLY

I was asked to "cover it up" there once. I later wrote a letter saying I wouldn't be back to buy the Mossberg 500 I was looking at. They never replied.

If you're out gun shopping go to the OC friendly "Not Just Guns" about a mile South of Total on Cedar (immediately north of 127)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:19:31 PM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 04:23:41 PM »
The hardware store in St. Johns is OC friendly and has a nice selection. They are also a dillon dealer.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G via Tapatalk
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline METL

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 08:42:40 PM »
Not Just guns seems to have pretty good prices too...  and good ammo prices as well.

Offline Helljumper09

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 02:48:51 AM »
Im looking at a new 1911 from them right now. I haven't been to their store but have checked them out online and the prices seem more than fair on most guns. How is the selection in store vs. online? looking to go there soon and get me my first 1911.
Accidents happen when some idiot puts his boogerhook on the bang switch!