Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 5110 times)

Offline Greyh Seer

Hello!
« on: June 15, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »
Well,

I made the plunge!  I have always been very pro 2A and now I've taken the next step to defend those rights.  My name is Lance, and I recently signed up at Gander Mountain in Novi.

I currently reside in the Novi/Wixom area, but will be moving back home to the Lansing/Holt area in a couple of months.  I still have some work to do in order to convince my wife that OC is ok, but after the seminar last night, I was able to provide her with lots of information and I'm happy to announce that she may be comming around!

Hope to see all of you out there!

Also, I'm looking to call my state reps in order to support the elimination of PFZs.  Can anyone save me the work and let me know the bill numbers for the house and senate bills?

Thanks!

p.s.  Can someone high up give this account membership access?  I'm not sure how I enter that into the system or if I have to wait to recieve a membership card or something.  Let me know what I need to do!  Thanks!
----------------------------------------
-Greyh

Offline springfield40xdm

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »
Welcome and carry on safely.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:53:21 PM »
Glad you came over.  I'm especially glad you didn't let the arguing over at MGO dissuade you.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:01:56 PM »
Glad you came over.  I'm especially glad you didn't let the arguing over at MGO dissuade you.

Bronson

I have to admit, I was very disappointed in the response I received over there.  I had hoped to get some information on the issue without all of the emotional attacks, but I suppose after seeing how similar threads ended up, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Either way, I was very glad to meet some very civil people at the seminar though and that meeting is what made me decide to join.
-Greyh

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Hello!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:11:46 PM »
@OP

SB 57 and/or 58/59 ring a bell. Looks those up...
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »
HB4009 and HB4010 are the bills I believe.  I just looked them up.  :)
-Greyh

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 05:33:01 PM »
Welcome looking forward in meeting you. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 12:50:53 PM »
So, I've signed up as a member, now what do I do?  Am I missing all of the juicy discussion on some hidden forum I can't see? ;)   Oh the suspense! 
-Greyh

Offline rugersingleshot

• Redeemed at a horrible price
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »
Welcome from the county of Oakland

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 10:10:44 PM »
So, I've signed up as a member, now what do I do?  Am I missing all of the juicy discussion on some hidden forum I can't see? ;)   Oh the suspense!

Lance -

I sent a note to the admin. asking that you be given membership status. I saw you pay for a membership at the Novi seminar, so I can vouch for you. ;)

Glad to have you on board!  8)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 12:49:01 AM »
Lance,
      You now have full access to the forums.  Randy has not processed your membership, I know he is behind a little, but I can change your level to Member for you right now.  Enjoy, and welcome to MOC.

-jason r.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
Thanks all!  Looking forward to reading up on more topics!
-Greyh