Author Topic: OC in Macomb County  (Read 5460 times)

Offline darkmanx

• First Name (Displayed): Dan Zc
OC in Macomb County
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:48:09 PM »
Just wanted to list off some places I regularly OC w/o any problems: Meijer Shelby Twp (Hall & Hayes), never had a problem. One clerk commented they liked my mag plate (I have a chrome punisher logo plate) another clerk looked kind of freaked out when they asked if I was a cop and I said "no", but then told them it's okay, I'm licensed to carry in here and they calmed down. Great Clips on Schoenherr & 19mile; Jet's Pizza next door. Kroger Canal & Schoenherr; Subway, 15 & Schoenherr; My yard while mowing the lawn. Only problem was my wife rolling her eyes at my response to her question of "is that necessary?": "you never know! Plus it keeps the neighbors in check because they all think I'm a cop." Let's see, Macaroni Grill on Hall Rd, Olive Garden and Red Lobster. Haven't tried OC in Lakeside. There isn't anything I really need in there anyway so I rarely go but any stories? Kohl's didn't seem to notice/care either.
I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: OC in Macomb County
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »
You forgot the MOC clubhouse at Gratiot and 11 Mile... National Coney Island.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 07:03:41 PM »
Lakeside does indeed have a no firearms policy; however it is rarely enforced.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline darkmanx

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »
I never hit the National down on 11 as I don't live near there but I have OC'd at the one in Utica on Hall Rd. w/o any problem. Love me some Hani's and dogs!!

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 11:04:59 PM »

Last time I was there I was asked to put the gun in my car. They wouldn't let me finish my shopping while CC...so I left and have never been back.

Offline rvd4now

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 11:46:51 PM »
i just found out that southland mall is a no cc or oc at all..

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 12:00:58 PM »

Last time I was there I was asked to put the gun in my car. They wouldn't let me finish my shopping while CC...so I left and have never been back.

Interesting. A few trips ago when I was there a man came up and said "I know MI is an OC state but the mall is not. Please cover." I stated I wasn't aware of a firearms policy and he said to read the sign at the doors. He followed with "If we don't see it we can't make an issue of it." (Due to not knowing about it.) On that occassion I chose to conceal and we parted with a mutual understanding. I have been back, since they are selectively enforcing their policy I guess I need to be advised as to the status of that particular day. Haven't had a word since in two visits.

Maybe all Macomb County residents should write the management a letter about preffering not to drive to Great Lakes Crossings, being sure to mention the lack of lost business there due to firearms.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 12:16:19 PM »
Thought the two malls had the same owner.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 05:29:58 PM »

Taubman sold Lakeside to General Growth Properties. ALL GGP malls ban firearms, CC or otherwise.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 12:21:28 AM »

Taubman sold Lakeside to General Growth Properties. ALL GGP malls ban firearms, CC or otherwise.

I C. Thx.

Offline darkmanx

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »
Saw a fellow OC'er while shopping at Meijer Shelby Twp. Smiled, gave a mutual nod, and went about my shopping feeling good that I wasn't the only one who cared about our rights.   :)