Author Topic: OC was good today  (Read 3110 times)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
OC was good today
« on: July 16, 2011, 09:53:29 PM »
I OCed all day today at the following places with the following reactions.

OCed this morning at Family Fare in Paw Paw to pickup items for the MGO meeting. No reactions or issues observed. Note several of us OC regularly in the store and have for several years this was no surprise.

OCed at the MGO event no issues no surprise. Had a great time also no surprise.

Oced on the way home in Paw Paw at the Copper Grill for supper. Place was packed with a plethora of out of state plates in the parking lot. After I was seated the gentleman to my left asked if I was an officer. I stated no and handed him a tri-fold. He read it and then we had a short discussion in which I found out he was from Texas and CC's. He stated it was nice that we could choose our method of carry.

Waitress came at this point and I ordered my beverage and told her I was going to get the buffet. As I got up the gentleman to my right across the isle asked if I was familiar with MI firearm law. I stated yes. He then said his daughter was going to attend the babes and bullets event hosted by On-Target in Kalamazoo and he had some other questions if I had the time. I said sure what would you like to know? At this point he commented on my pistol and asked what it was. I told him and we discussed that for a few minutes. He then said what I am most confused about is pistol registration. I asked what he would like to know? He said he just moved here from Florida where he has a Florida CPL. He said he would be going to get his MI DL Monday. I told him where to and how to go about registering his pistol and also that he could go ahead and apply for his MI CPL as he has a current CPL from Florida. We chatted a bit more and I gave him this site plus MOC and a few others and then I went and got my supper.

Now we have 12 to 20 more people educated about firearms in MI as the people around this group were listening intently.

The only observation I have after these types of interactions is. Would this education happened if I was CCing? I can answer unequivocally NO as they would not have initiated the conversations. Without OC at least 20 people would have gone home tonight less educated and 1 might have been breaking the law tomorrow as he didn't know how to begin registering his pistol.

This type of day makes all the trouble and work that is required to OC worth it to me!

All in all a great day OCing!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
Re: OC was good today
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 10:23:28 PM »
Awsome story man! It feels good to help educate people on their rights! Keep up the good work!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline METL

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 10:54:10 PM »
Big thumbs up...    very cool.     Carry on!!!

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 11:45:47 PM »
 8) Great Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.