Author Topic: I live in Dearborn and attend Greenfield Village alot.can we CC or OC in there ?  (Read 17164 times)

Offline heli724

So where would one find that information?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
We do some digging..

Step 1: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/hfmgv.org This refers us to thehenryford.org
Step 2: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/thehenryford.org Using this we can research:
Step 3: http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=772078&name_entity=HENRY%20FORD%20MUSEUM%20%26%20GREENFIELD%20VILLAGE  Seeing here we can read:
Searched for: HENRY FORD MUSEUM & GREENFIELD VILLAGE

ID Num: 772078

Assumed Names

Entity Name: THE EDISON INSTITUTE
Type of Entity: Domestic Nonprofit Corporation

Resident Agent: PATRICIA E MOORADIAN
Registered Office Address: 20900 OAKWOOD BLVD  DEARBORN   MI  48124

Mailing Address:   MI

Formed Under Act Number(s): 084-1921         

Incorporation/Qualification Date: 12-23-1929

Jurisdiction of Origin: MICHIGAN

Number of Shares: 0

Year of Most Recent Annual Report: 11

Year of Most Recent Annual Report With Officers & Directors: 09

Of course, this isn't legal advise and a jury could find as a matter of fact this isn't true, but it appears Greenfield Village is controlled by a Non-For-Profit organization.  This not-for-profit, of course, would have the rights of any other private entity.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Oh yes when you know where to look and how you can dig up anything on anybody... well almost anybody ::)
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
Wow, this was a fantastic read, even though I am a few months late getting to the discussion.  Well, the bottom line is, I think I came away with a better understanding of rights, and LAW versus mere POLICY.  I got the sense - from reading this back and forth between TheQ and the "unarmed guard" - that this probably resembles a lot of run-ins with the police by OCers in Michigan (especially before the groundwork was laid by MOC that paved the way for a better understanding and acceptance of our rights and of the law).  I mean, here you have probably a nice guy, the "unarmed guard" at The Henry Ford Museum, who nevertheless is willing to forsake rights and correct understanding of actual law for his assumptions and misguided zeal.  He doesn't get the difference between policy and law, a glaring error.  Its this kind of nonsense which has made it all the more difficult for the good guys to go about their lives, free to pursue liberty and defend their families.  Thank God for our noble Founders, who acknowledged that our rights are pre-existing and come from our Creator, and who documented these rights in the Constitution (and its Bill of Rights, as ratified in 1791).