Author Topic: Would one say you can open carry here?  (Read 4675 times)

Offline Michhunter

Would one say you can open carry here?
« on: July 28, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »
I live in a trailer park and this is what it say in the rules about firearm's " Resident agrees that he will not allow anything to be  done on or about the site or in the common area which would interfere with the quiet enjoyment or safety of other residents, including but not limited to the discharging or threatened use of firearms or other weapons including bow and arrows, or the infliction or threatened infliction of bodily harm to any person, including any member of landlord's staff or its agents or on another resident or guest."  Would one say you can open carry with in the park?

Offline METL

Re: Would one say you can open carry here?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
IF you're not discharging or threatening with your firearm, I would argue that you could infact OC in the park.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 02:49:55 PM »
If you accepted that rule before taking up residence and the park is private property, you might have a problem.

Offline FatMan

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 04:01:57 PM »
Do you reside there? Do you rent a lot and or a trailer? If you do the lot and trailer would be your home would it not? I would open carry as a visitor. I would most definetly open carry if I lived there.
Why do you carry that handgun every place you go? Cause it's lighter than my shotgun.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 08:26:25 PM »
I live in a trailer park and this is what it say in the rules about firearm's " Resident agrees that he will not allow anything to be  done on or about the site or in the common area which would interfere with the quiet enjoyment or safety of other residents, including but not limited to the discharging or threatened use of firearms or other weapons including bow and arrows, or the infliction or threatened infliction of bodily harm to any person, including any member of landlord's staff or its agents or on another resident or guest." Would one say you can open carry with in the park?

MIhunter - If you did anything that they are saying you would be charged most likely. Since you seem to have more common sense than that I think you should be okay to OC in your Trailer park. I would recommend that you be extra aware of your demeanor, ie .. Smile and be nice to people as they approach you [unless they are known thugs..then do what you must to defend yourself]. 

It's hard for some asshat to explain to the cops why they called the cops on the "nice guy". If they ask your neighbors about you they'll get the idea that you truly are no threat. Just saying - catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:28:54 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »
 ;D i agree with FatMan and GlockMan Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 01:39:44 AM »
Another guy (brainless1911) has been told that in his park he can't open carry.

I think he decided not to challenge it.

I think he did set up an indoor range in his trailer though.

Knowing his propensity to make people uncomfortable, I can understand management's imposition of the OC restriction. The OP here however would undoubtedly not encounter such issues. Those restrictions listed would actually be a crime. (Brandishing and unlawful discharge)
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »
The serious part of Pat's comment is dead-on. You have to read that for exactly what it says and your answer is clear.

BTW, maybe the poor schmuck set up the range because the AC was broken. It would be a good way to bring in more fresh air!
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.