Author Topic: OC encounters audio. Botsford & Highland Games.  (Read 5795 times)

Offline TheSzerdi

OC encounters audio. Botsford & Highland Games.
« on: August 09, 2011, 02:15:18 AM »
Had some encounters recently and just got the audio edited and uploaded.

In both cases I entered with no problems, nothing was posted and nothing was said to me. I was at Botsford for ~3 hours before the audio begins. I was at the Highland games for ~30 minutes before audio begins.

Botsford:

Highland Games:

Offline northofnowhere

Re: OC encounters audio. Botsford & Highland Games.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:11:50 AM »
Yea, put the gun in the car, no way you were going to stand your ground and keep the wife happy, gotta do what you gotta do to make her happy, lol.  Now that you got a year to resolve it before the next event in Livonia, work with Cortez, Scott and Rob to get it sorted out ahead of time.  This is similar in nature to the Royal Oak and Detroit situations with Arts, Beats and Eats as well as Hart Plaza.  It is still public property, despite the admission charge.  They even had public servants providing security and on the fly made up rule enforcement by the police to prove that fact.

Preemption, despite what CADL believes, cannot be gotten around by a City unit of government simply be renting the city, or a portion of it, out for a weekend.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:26:12 AM »
Arts, Beats and Eats is Sept. 2-5. I wonder what kind of tricks/word play they will use to turn public streets into private streets for their event? What is the law that the president of the Highland games should of been given to show that public property cannot be owned through a rental agreement. I'd like to produce this information myself, when necessary.

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 09:35:10 AM »
Arts, Beats and Eats attempted to ban firearms last year, but our group pushed the issue before council, the city lawyer, and the police department until they agreed to acknowledge the law and allow us lawful carry in Royal Oak.  There should be no issues in Royal Oak.

Michigan's Firearm Preemtion is MCL 123.1102 and was passed in 1990. In part it states:

"...A local unit of government shall not impose special taxation on, enact or enforce any ordinance or regulation pertaining to, or regulate in any other manner the ownership, registration, purchase, sale, transfer, transportation, or possession of pistols or other firearms, ammunition for pistols or other firearms, or components of pistols or other firearms, except as otherwise provided by federal law or a law of this state....."

A local unit of government, Livonia, clearly cannot then hire someone via a contract to ban firearms on Livonia owned property.  By allowing the police to remove a law abiding citizen from local government owned property, the City of Livonia and the Livonia Police Department have clearly acted against teh Constitution of the United States of America, as well as the Michigan Constitution and should be fully held accountable.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »
+1 Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 02:00:27 PM »
Did they sell alcohol at the Livonia event?

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:25:34 PM »
can't watch anything on youtube..every time i try it just does that loading circle then says 'error try again later". tried firefox explorer and it either says 'server not found' or need to download flash player which i already have. pissing me off. would love to hear what happened. 
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline TheSzerdi

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 07:44:13 AM »

They had fenced off drinking tents. Not supposed to leave the fenced area with alcohol.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 08:01:58 AM »
The Mich State Police update #86 would of been perfect to pull out for the security officer that was confused by where you can't conceal carry or the no-carry signage info.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 05:02:47 PM »

They had fenced off drinking tents. Not supposed to leave the fenced area with alcohol.

I was just thinking if people were drinking around "the kids", it would be a double standard to not want guns around them. If I am not mistaken alcohol causes more problems with families then guns do.