Author Topic: Hello from Oak Park  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Scotchman

• Luke 22:36
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Hello from Oak Park
« on: August 02, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
Hi all, better an intro after a few posts than none at all.  I let my CPL expire once, NEVER NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU! I corrected my mistake and am now interested in OC for many reasons you all have pointed out.

I have 4 kids and the recent law changes have been great. The only problem left is that my wife works for Ford MoCo and therefore can not even leave a pistol locked in her car. New Pepper-Spray laws now allow her to carry something better than a watergun (2% just does not cut it). and a nice ColdSteel Bat for "practice". It is a long drive to work. It would be nice if enough Union members got involved to have the "No guns locked up in Parking Lots" changed. Then we could work on regular carry but even parking lot storage would be better than nothing.

Now that my attitude on A2 has improved, I dont want to go anywhere which I can not carry. As if finding a good church was not hard enough.... now I have another required item on my list.

Well, that is a bit about us. Now I hope to meet some like minded locals. Perhaps we can all have a local picnic around here.
Luke 22:36 * [Jesus said] ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

We all hear John 3:16 or Matthew 7:1 - by people who never read the rest of those chapters either.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: Hello from Oak Park
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:56:30 PM »
Welcome, may god bless you. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 08:56:08 PM »
Welcome!  I know exactly how you feel with the church thing.  My upcomming move will create this issue for me as well!

----------------------------------------
-Greyh

Offline rugersingleshot

• Redeemed at a horrible price
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 09:18:58 PM »
Howdy neighbor

Offline Scotchman

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 10:07:42 AM »
Maybe people in my area can setup a local meet or contact me. I would like to get together  with Local OC/CCers. Help me learn the rules and get comfortable. Maybe make a friend or two to accompany my son and I to the Range. I would love to learn to hunt, reload, etc and have my kids learn as well.  And if you are a Christian Patriot, then we would have even more in common.

Any Gun friendly pastors out there?

Luke 22:36 * [Jesus said] ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

We all hear John 3:16 or Matthew 7:1 - by people who never read the rest of those chapters either.

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »
From whereabouts do you hail?
-Greyh

Offline Scotchman

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »
If you mean before living in Oakland county?

Downriver, Wayne County...

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 08:04:10 PM »
Used to be in Oakland, but now I'm in Lansing. 
-Greyh