Author Topic: Grand Blanc Arrests  (Read 6635 times)

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
Grand Blanc Arrests
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:16:13 PM »
I was just told on a rash of incidenmts in Grand Blanc where Officers have been directed to arrest anyone; (CPL holder ro not) driving or riding in a car on the claim that they failed to notify the officers they where armed.  Even when the officers where notified right away the person was armed and held a CPL.

Has anyone else herad anything about this new edict there??
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Grand Blanc Arrests
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 10:40:24 AM »
Yet another reason to run your own video recording of police encounters. Preferably one with a live upload feature, such as Qik.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Grand Blanc Arrests
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 11:50:56 AM »
For those of you that do not have smart phones another option is a blue tooth & to use the MI open carry 411 line. Simply program it as a speed dial choice. It streams audio live to a webserver. So even if a bad cop should get a hold of your recorder ($30 @ wally world) he still cannot erase the internet recording. This is why I always wear a bluetooth when OCing. ;)

734-879-2411
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »
I was just told on a rash of incidenmts in Grand Blanc where Officers have been directed to arrest anyone; (CPL holder ro not) driving or riding in a car on the claim that they failed to notify the officers they where armed.  Even when the officers where notified right away the person was armed and held a CPL.

Has anyone else herad anything about this new edict there??

Sounds like BS to me.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 02:14:10 PM »
Sounds like BS to me.

I would concur, just seems too easy for such a practice to become exposed. Guess you never know though...

Thanks, Glock, for commenting about the MOC 411 line, I did not know that automatically recorded audio.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 04:12:10 PM »
Sounds like BS to me.

I would concur, just seems too easy for such a practice to become exposed. Guess you never know though...

Thanks, Glock, for commenting about the MOC 411 line, I did not know that automatically recorded audio.

You're welcome Jeff. It was the brain child of MasterControl & he deserves the credit. This system works very well and is very similar to the porcupine 411 system the New Hampshire OC group uses. Just call in and the feed from your phone/bluetooth is streamed live to the net and alerts are sent to those in the group that are signed up for them. So if the above is really happening and the victim was using the MOC 411 line those cops would be screwed. ;)

"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »
Yet another reason to run your own video recording of police encounters. Preferably one with a live upload feature, such as Qik.

Agreed and I will also say yet another reason to do away with the SILLY notification law.