Author Topic: Alpena OC weekend  (Read 4557 times)

Offline PaulC

Alpena OC weekend
« on: August 28, 2011, 11:25:21 AM »
Am a CPL My first trip OCling started off with a pit stop for gas at the Kroger gas station. I was approached by a man asking "how" to open carry.  We spoke for a minute and I gave him a trifold. Drove up to Alpena with. Out a single issue. Yesterday we were in Glennie when i was approached by a kind gentleman who engaged me in conversation. He was very polite, even when he was telling me i was breaking the law by OC while i had a cpl. He told me,"i m aware of the law as he was a CPL instructor.  I smiled and whipped out my LAST trifold. "My dear sir, here are the laws. Having a CPL allows me to OC in more places than i can carry in either CC or OC withou a cpl." His response was, "must be a new change to the laws." I nodded and insisted he keep my trifold so that he can check out the "new changes"
"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
Re: Alpena OC weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:14:23 PM »
Great day for you Paul. Boy... That instructor must be way out on the rules... Hopefuly he will do a little (or a lot) of research before his next class! There are apparently more than a few misinformed CPL holders and instructors around. Great job today!

Daniel
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline PaulC

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
Wow My post contains Andriod grammar... tried posting from my phone, guess I thumbs some..  ;D

It was a good weekend. Plenty of people "re-informed" and hopefully some eyes opened.
"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 10:37:05 PM »
Well done! My CPL class instructor made MANY incorrect references to OC in my class, At the lunch break I gave the instructor and all the students a tri-fold. The instructor then ate crow for a few minutes and admitted that a "brush up was needed" on OC and thanked me. After class several of my classmates commented "If I had known I could carry without a CPL I wouldn't have taken this class!"  ;)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »
Well I'll say that I'm extreemly glad that I got my CPL and would advise most to do the same. The problem though, lay in the fact that most people are deceved/ misinformed/ ignorant of the laws in regaurds to carry. It definatly makes carry a lot more convenient! So, untill we get constitutional carry...

Big smiles make for easy conversation, and the more people we can talk with the better for the cause! So keep those jaws flapping!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline Michhunter

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 10:03:24 AM »
I am with Christian Patriot on the it makes it more convenient I do not have a CPL and carrying without it is a pain trying to drive somewhere anyways I mean carrying is not hard just getting in the car to go somewhere is. But I am also thinking I want to keep my money knowing that we are going for constitutional carry.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 12:20:43 PM »
I am with Christian Patriot on the it makes it more convenient I do not have a CPL and carrying without it is a pain trying to drive somewhere anyways I mean carrying is not hard just getting in the car to go somewhere is. But I am also thinking I want to keep my money knowing that we are going for constitutional carry.

It a personal choice, I agree that if you can put up with the hassle of non cpl OC then by all means deny them your hard earned money; as they will surely find a way to urinate it out a window. ;)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 10:26:55 PM »
Well said Glock 9. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.