Author Topic: New to OC in Paw Paw  (Read 3967 times)

Offline jamesjharris01

New to OC in Paw Paw
« on: September 05, 2011, 04:15:57 PM »
Hello everyone! I am new to the world of carrying a gun either open or concealed and am looking for any advice that you can offer. My fiancé and I live in the Paw Paw area and plan on exercising our rights to carry and plan to get our CPLs as soon as possible also.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
New to OC in Paw Paw
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 04:23:22 PM »
Until you get your CPL realize you can't OC anywhere that is licensed to sell alcohol. This includes:

Local grocery stores
Gas stations
Party stores
Parking lot of above places
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline jamesjharris01

New to OC in Paw Paw
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »
Until you get your CPL realize you can't OC anywhere that is licensed to sell alcohol. This includes:

Local grocery stores
Gas stations
Party stores

I have been reading about the laws and was aware of that already but thank you for the tip.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
Re: New to OC in Paw Paw
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »
Welcome! We hope you will become members of MOC...until then, enjoy our forums.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
New to OC in Paw Paw
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 09:19:19 PM »

Local grocery stores
Gas stations
Party stores

I have been reading about the laws and was aware of that already but thank you for the tip.

No worries. They are common tripping points for new people, so I tell all new ppl w/o a CPL.

Welcome!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 09:30:34 PM »

Local grocery stores
Gas stations
Party stores

Welcome :D

You may already know this but just in case be very careful when you are holstering/loading & unholstering/unloading you're pistol(s).

Make sure to do it outside of the vehicle; not while in the trunk/on bumper/on tailgate/on top of vehicle etc.. as that could result in issues. This is due to some ambiguous definitions of what qualifies as "in the vehicle".  The safe way to load/unload for a non CPL OCer is to back into a parking space out of sight/heavy traffic areas if possible, take the cased pistol COMPLETELY out of the vehicle lay it on the ground, uncase and load in a safe manner, paying close attention to muzzle orientation (keep it towards the ground). The same applys to unloading for the trip home or the next stop on your OC adventures.  CARRY ON Sir & Mam! ;)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:55:33 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:21:01 PM »
Welcome!  I agree, it can be a major pain to OC without a CPL, so just be careful!
----------------------------------------
-Greyh