Author Topic: OC state parks???  (Read 6053 times)

Offline Glock19

OC state parks???
« on: July 29, 2011, 11:32:18 AM »
what are laws regarding OC in/on state parks?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
OC state parks???
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »
No laws. Carry on. Just normal carry laws.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock19

Re: OC state parks???
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 01:58:05 AM »
I contacted the DNR law enforcement division out of Lansing. i was informed that i could CC as law states, but to OC my gun had to be unloaded....... its a state park rule, which allows a person to OC on state parks; unless u are hunting and have correct permits for such activities. i was informed of5 this again from a representative via telephone from DNR law enforcement division in Lansing...?????? h7ow is this allowed to happen?

Offline emt805

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 02:06:54 AM »
Just like when you call leo's and ask them about OC and they give their opinion rather than the law

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 06:52:43 AM »
Just like when I was detained in Corunna... They flat out lie and say they enforce the rules in the park and city when there are no such rules... And  they let me go. All in an attempt to get me and you to comply to their wishes!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline METL

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 11:18:17 AM »
I contacted the DNR law enforcement division out of Lansing. i was informed that i could CC as law states, but to OC my gun had to be unloaded....... its a state park rule, which allows a person to OC on state parks; unless u are hunting and have correct permits for such activities. i was informed of5 this again from a representative via telephone from DNR law enforcement division in Lansing...?????? h7ow is this allowed to happen?

Crap... now I"m worried about getting harrassed when I OC next week while camping...    :\

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 06:40:09 PM »
Don't stress it man... Just stand on what you know to be fact and be as polite as you can without giving up your rights. Standing up for our rights does not mean we have to be turds!  :D Everything will be fine! Enjoy
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 08:16:30 PM »

Please provide the legal citation they provided you.  They are not allowed to make up laws, nor are they responsible for giving legal advice.  Calling a person who is against citizens owning guns and asking them where you can carry a gun will not get you sound legal advice, only supersticion and mis-information.  During  bow hunting season there is some laws regarding how you may carry your long gun while hunting.

There are some other wierd things along those same lines with hunting.  Hunters will have to help you there, as I do not hunt so i do not pay attention to them.  As a matter of fact, they are not allowed to create rules taht affect hwo a CPL holder carries their handgun while not hunting.  I will even give you a cite.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-324-504

(6) The department shall not promulgate or enforce a rule that prohibits an individual who is licensed or exempt from licensure under 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.421 to 28.435, from carrying a pistol in compliance with that act, whether concealed or otherwise, on property under the control of the department.

Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline Glock19

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 09:25:06 PM »
sorry for long delay in response....
lady didn't cite any regulations to me; it was either that or leave it in my car that. she just said that it was rules of state parks and that "imagine if everyday people say you open carry a gun, they would freak out, it not everyday u see people with guns who aren't the police." i was confused on what difference my gun carried in the open, was unloaded or loaded???? i CC carried anyway, but it got hot and i OC for a bit, nobody was around (found nice quite slightly hidden fishing spot) i was never approached by anyone DNR or otherwise  during my day trip at 7 lakes state park.... again i talked with a lady at the state office in law enforcement division about this matter.  when i do CC out fishing i carry a blackhawk serpa holster, so CC that is difficult but i do mange to meet "state requirements for concealment"

i have OC a lot more lately and have yet to be harassed by any local or above PD... there are still few places i don't OC tho for personal choices, grand blanc township and city mostly.  when i am approached by most people they ask if i am a police officer, i reply no i am not. and tell them about some OC laws that i know and refer them to MIopencarry.org for more information. 

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
Just an office clown spouting. Nothing to worry about.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Glock19

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 09:54:38 PM »
thats why i asked here too.. it sounded funny to me  :P