Author Topic: Wixom Anti-firearm law?  (Read 4779 times)

Offline Greyh Seer

Wixom Anti-firearm law?
« on: July 19, 2011, 03:53:39 PM »
I dug this up earlier today:

http://library1.municode.com/default-test/home.htm?infobase=16705&doc_action=whatsnew

12.12.070  Firearms, weapons, tools.
It is unlawful for any person to bring into or have in his possession in any park or recreation area:
A.   Any pistol or revolver or objects upon which loaded or blank cartridges may be used. Official starters, at authorized track and field events, are excepted from this restriction;
B.   Any burglar tools;
C.   Any rifle, shotgun, BB gun, air gun, spring gun, slingshot, bow, or other weapon in which propelling force is gunpowder, a spring, string, or air.
----------------------------------------
-Greyh

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
Re: Wixom Anti-firearm law?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 10:50:22 PM »
Wouldn't the states preemption law blow secs A & C out of the water?
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »
Yup.  However, there is no penalty built into the law to force municipalities to remove these laws...even though they are unenforceable.
----------------------------------------
-Greyh

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »
...even though they are unenforceable.

There you go. "Unenforceable" is the operative word. Attempted enforcement would therefore be civil rights violations.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »
...even though they are unenforceable.

There you go. "Unenforceable" is the operative word. Attempted enforcement would therefore be civil rights violations.

I hope they try to arrest me for OC even thoguh I hold a CPL, I could use the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from the settlement
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier