Author Topic: OC in Monroe County  (Read 26889 times)

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
OC in Monroe County
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:17:41 PM »
Oc'ed at Magnum Force Gun shop in Monroe, talked with worker and a buddy of mine that was keeping a stool warm.  Monroe City cop came in and sat down and started conversation with everybody, no issues inside store

waiting on new 45 to arrive!
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: OC in Monroe County
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:41:39 PM »
 8) Great the way we love it. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »
O yea it is!

OC'ed again at Magnum Force gun shop to pick up my new C45. While standing there a guy was butting into the conversion I was having with the Gun Clerk, he had heard me mention Open Carry.

Him: Well that's a STUPID was to carry a Gun!
Me: Oh you mean like this (as I point to my gun)
Him: ah, yea, whoops sorry!
Me: Not a problem!

after that he asked me a question about taking the gun to the police station for a safety inspection, both me and the clerk told him it was no longer required.

I seen no need to talk to him about Ocing, since he though it was stupid

Took My gun and a made a trip to the police to drop off my paper work and went home!
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 02:59:12 AM »
Forgot to mention, I also OCed at my Doctors office today for the first time to test the waters, as I complained about being over charged for a office visit.  Talked to the office manager, they to the doctor, and while i am sure the office mgr did not see it, the doctor got a direct view of it as he stood down the hall with my strong side to him, I did see a startled look on his face for a minute but besides that, no issues; I was there about 15 minutes

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
Oced in Monroe at Staples, then i had to disarm myself to go to the post office, then oced at Advanced Auto, then over to Partyville liquor store where a clerk asked me "if you dont mind, what ya carrying"

I told him gave him some money for a money order and he did not miss a beat giving me back my Money order and wishing me a good day.

no issues as always

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »
Oced at the Monroe's 9-11 bike rally for 2 hours, lots of cops lots of looks but no issues other than the other bikers asking me if i would stand guard and protect their bikes.  I kindly said.............NO!  I know my brother bikers had their weapons with them, but they were all too chicken to OC..oh well!!!!!

Oced at Checkers pickup window picking up the wife her dinner after the rally, again no issues!

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 06:33:41 PM »
On my way home this afternoon on my bike, I was sitting in the left turn lane of NBTelegraph at Stewart road.
I notice another motorcycle behind me.  His head was bobbing around and then I noticed that he was inching up to my side. I look over gave him the old "Man" nod and he said:

Him:  Your going to get you asp in trouble carrying your gun around like that.

Me:  No im not, its total legal!

Him:  Are you shipting me?

Me:  No

Him:  How long you been carrying out in the open like that?

me:  About a year and half

Him:  NO problems with the cops

Me:  Were you at the bike rally downtown last night

Him:  No

Me:  I was there for a couple of hours with cops all over the place and not one issue from them

Him: Damn, im going to have to look into that

Unfortunately the light turned green and I was unable to give him any info as he took off and left me in a cloud of dust!

(Btw the misspelled xxx words were on purpose)

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 06:42:01 PM »
Oced at Auto_lab on Monroe street and Dunbar....got a kick out of one employee, who's eyes opened wide as I walked in, and then scurried off.  As the manager was setting up an appointment for me, I said "sorry if I Scared you helper"

Yea, you did, he though you were here to arrest him! 

I let it go at that.

also ate dinner at El-Maguey Exit 15 off of 75 in Monroe........while they did not seem to mind me Ocing, the food was not the greatest! 

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:43:33 PM by Onnie »

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
Oced at the Hayloft restaurant on Lewis Ave in Ida with my Patriot Guard Brothers after a mission.  As we walked in there were a bunch of old guys sitting at one of the table probably local farmers.  I think they were more taken back by the bikers then my ATI 45 walking by them at eye level!

No issues, great fries!

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 12:34:35 PM »
Oced at Big Boys in Monroe off of Exit 15 on 75, then took my grandsons over to Sterling State Park for little beach combing picking up rocks and shells

no issues

Offline grampajeep

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 10:14:51 PM »
Is this thread open to all or is a personal journal. ::)  hahaha

Gerry

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 10:20:30 PM »
All
I was hoping that since we dont get much OCing reporting from Monroe, that we 3 or 4 down here would start one of our own to show its a good place to OC

Offline grampajeep

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 10:57:55 PM »
Just joking with you. I OC all the time and have for about the last 18 months. It is just a given that I 'll be OCing as I leave the house. I don't even think about it anymore.

I have never had anything to comment about except the incident at Food Town in Temperance and that's in another thread so I won't go into it here.

Weather you OC< or CC just carry.

Gerry

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 05:47:05 AM »
I totally understand, i try to put some names of the new places i go to and some of the old ones if i haven't named them in a while.

I know of only 4 of us down here that OC and the posts for Monroe county are far and few in between

the thread is here and hopefully some of those coming to monroe who are Ocing may use it for a point of reference.

I been trying to hit different restaurants lately then my usual  hang outs to get a little more feelings of the general business, so far so good never been confronted. 

I dont get over to your part of town too often, just travel through a few time a week on Lewis from Maybee to toledo

take care

Randy

Offline emt805

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 08:01:27 PM »
I totally understand, i try to put some names of the new places i go to and some of the old ones if i haven't named them in a while.

I know of only 4 of us down here that OC and the posts for Monroe county are far and few in between

the thread is here and hopefully some of those coming to monroe who are Ocing may use it for a point of reference.

I been trying to hit different restaurants lately then my usual  hang outs to get a little more feelings of the general business, so far so good never been confronted. 

I dont get over to your part of town too often, just travel through a few time a week on Lewis from Maybee to toledo

take care

Randy

Am I counted in one of your 4?

I pass by monroe to and from work all the time, stops that I usually make while ocing are walmart, meijer, dunhams, have also oced at belle tire, staples and little ceasars to name a few.

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 08:19:27 PM »
absolutely, its open to all that oc in Monroe County..............its bed time, please tell me a story!!!! ;D

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 08:20:03 PM »
whoops double tapped

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »
If you have Oced in Monroe, please list your experience here if you wish!

Thanks

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »
My wife had Oral surgery this AM in Monroe and as we were leaving for the doctors office she bellows..........."you don't need to bring those GD things with you, its a doctors office, nothing is going to happen there"

and with that I snapped back, "can you guarantee it?"

She headed out to the car and plunked down in the car huffing and puffing all the way to the car while I was adjusting my belt and applying my guns to my attire.

We walked in the drs office and sat down and waited to be called in to the surgical room.  As we waited I took off my jacket.  my guns were blocked from view from most due to the sitting arrangement, but my BUG's handle was visible as I was carrying that IWB. 

After her surgery the nurse came out and said I could now go in to sit with the wife while she recuperated from the drugs they gave her.  As I picked up her belongings from the chair my weapon was eye level to about 10 old and I mean OLD people.  There were several wide eyes but no gasps or screams or anything

as I walked back to the area my wife was at, one of the nurses eyes went from my eyes down to the gun, not a word.  I was in there for about 1 hours talking to several nurses and the Doctor with not one issue

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 09:25:43 PM »
Oced at Staples (again) and again, no issues!

Then went over to my usual party store, Partyville in M-50 in Monroe to get a couple of cheap money orders. this time there was an old man behind the counter really giving me the stink eye, when i started up a conversation with the younger guy behind the counter, he got the idea that i OC in there all the time and there was no issue, cuz he went outside to smoke.

no issues

btw I am so bored!!!!!!!