Author Topic: OC in Monroe County  (Read 26960 times)

Offline emt805

Re: OC in Monroe County
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 04:51:19 PM »
OCed the other day at rivers edge pizza in Dundee the other day. Had to wait 30 minutes for a deep dish pizza with only 6 other people there. Also listened to the waitress give excuses to why everyone else had their orders messed up.  Her man answer was new owners and the old staff quit. They also ran out of chips and fries the night before and had to run to kroger to have some on hand. Not sure I will be back

Offline grampajeep

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »
OCed the other day at rivers edge pizza in Dundee the other day. Had to wait 30 minutes for a deep dish pizza with only 6 other people there. Also listened to the waitress give excuses to why everyone else had their orders messed up.  Her man answer was new owners and the old staff quit. They also ran out of chips and fries the night before and had to run to kroger to have some on hand. Not sure I will be back

Ah go ahead and give them another chance, at least they're ok with OC.

Gerry

Offline Fopper

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 01:49:54 AM »
Have you had any issues with OC in Meijers or Walmart?  They are two of my places I go because they are handicap friendly.  Just a bit nervous because I figure those will be the first two  I OC too.  I am not a Monroe County person, although, I love your airport...been there a lot.

~Pam

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 04:50:14 AM »
We have a Airport :o

na just kidding, of course we have a airport, well kinda

ha

no issues with either here.  I go to walmart just about every day and Meijers once a week or so with no issues
in fact a couple weeks ago they were giving flu shots out up front by the checkouts at Walmarts.  I filled out my paperwork while the shot giver was working with another person for about 5 minutes then it was my turn, the girl shot giver was already flustered by the last person and I was joking with her and the other ladies on the check out lanes, strong side to the lanes, telling them if I fainted they would have to pick me up and put me on one of the checkout lanes and to make sure I don't hit my head when I fall, etc, no issues in total I was there about 15 to 20 minutes

In Monroe's Walmart and Meijers no one issue in over 15 month since I began Ocing

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:53:27 AM by Onnie »
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 05:10:55 AM »
Have you had any issues with OC in Meijers or Walmart?  They are two of my places I go because they are handicap friendly.  Just a bit nervous because I figure those will be the first two  I OC too.  I am not a Monroe County person, although, I love your airport...been there a lot.

~Pam

UPDATE:  just noted in one of your other post elsewhere you state that you let your cpl expire

You can NOT even go on the property of Walmart or Meijers WITHOUT a valid CPL when in possession of a weapon

they both are licensed under the Michigan Liquor commission to sell beer and wine thus without a CPL you may not even enter their parking lot with a pistol.  This includes it locked and secured in your trunk. 

I dont have the cite for that at 5 am but its well established and known..............get your cpl back if you plan on open carrying, it takes a lot of the hassle out of the equation

I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 05:11:39 AM »
removed, it was a 5 am error  hit of the keyboard
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 05:13:43 AM by Onnie »

Offline emt805

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »
OCed the other day at Bennett's orchard they did not have many apples left worth picking and had alot of people around of all ages, only heard one comment on the way out was a set of ladies behind me and all I could hear was "gun".  Stooped at buger king exit 5 off 23 on the way home only issue was on long it was taking them to complete orders.

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 12:18:19 AM »
Oced at TA truck stop at Exit 15 off of I75 in Monroe today getting me some Popeye's chicken and then a little window shopping for some new electronics in the truckers store..............

no issues

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 02:19:23 PM »
Oced at Carleton Iron And Metals in Carleton, while turning in some 40 lbs of old Aluminum I had laying around
then over to the Marathon Gas station down the block for a subway sam'wich!

no issues

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 01:39:18 PM »
Because I had just come from a funeral, as usual I CC.  As I got off my bike in the parking lot of Big Blue BBQ in Monroe, i lifted up my jacket to OC my gun.

Walked in took off my jacket exposing my Bug SW40  in my shoulder holster. 

As I was eating some mild looks, and just at the end of lunch, in comes two Monroe County Sheriff officers and sat in the booth one over from me.  as the Sheriff on the far side sat down he glanced over at me and by his facial expression, it seems to me he MAY have noticed my SW40. 

He never missed a beat and he went on talking to his partner

at the end of lunch I stood up put on my jacket and left.  No issues

Offline briankkatz

• save trees
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 06:52:49 AM »
Is this thread open to all or is a personal journal. ::)  hahaha

Gerry

This thread not seems as  personal journal from any angle.

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »
Any one can put it here, I just stated it and seems to the one who contributes the most.  Its not a personal Journal, I want others to add their experiences here as well.

Reason I started it, Take Iron County, for example, while reading about Ocing there is interesting, right now it has little value to me since I have not been up there in 10 years no do I plan on going back up there in the future, but its nice to see what is going up up there without going through 21,000 posts in the general OC experience area. 

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 12:52:31 PM »
Oced at Lincoln Park City hall at the City Clerks office to pick up a copy of my sons Birth Certificate
Then over to Staples in Monroe
then Over to TJ Max in Monroe
 No issues

Offline sjcootie

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2011, 10:23:56 PM »
Keep up the posts and good work. i enjoyed reading all about your ventures in OC'ing.

Steve
Carleton

Offline emt805

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2011, 10:36:38 PM »
Oced yesterday at kohls, cabela's and the marathon infront of cabela's.

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 10:57:28 PM »
Keep up the posts and good work. i enjoyed reading all about your ventures in OC'ing.

Steve
Carleton

Thanks, TAG your turn!!!!

Offline sjcootie

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 09:51:02 PM »

Steve
Carleton

Thanks, TAG your turn!!!!

Naw, I'm a CC only, except on my own property of course. But, I support what you guys do and enjoy reading about OC. I really like spotting OC in public. I just prefer CC. Been doing it for many years that way.

Keep up the good fight

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2011, 12:15:30 PM »
Oced today at walmart, got a Stink eye stare down from some guy but as soon as I made eye contact he stopped stinking on me!

Outside Walmarts as I was getting in my car when a guy in a car pulled up behind my car as ask me if I was carrying my gun ilegal since he thought my gun had to be concealed. He was told he had to keep it hidden when he got his "CCW" (that was the first clue he was uninformed), I told him no, open carry is within the law and said to him "let me give you one of my cards for me info", but he said no traffic in the parking lot was too bad and that he was just courious! Then drove off

should have been faster!!!!

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »
Oc'ed last night at Red Lobster in Monroe. 

Ive heard Red Lobster in general is anti gun but I had no issues, sat with my gun on the isle side in there for about 1 hour

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »
Oc in Monroe at TA Truck Exit 15, restaurant with my two grandsons, no issues
last night and today Walgreens on Stewart road No issues
Lowes, no issue