Author Topic: OC in Monroe County  (Read 26974 times)

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
Re: OC in Monroe County
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 07:22:04 AM »
Oced at Sebres Market out in the boonies just outside Maybee Mi for some deli stuff yesterday
one clerk give my a glance then her eyes opened up wide, but no mention of my gun and no problems
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 11:51:15 AM »
Admiral Gas station in Monroe
and
Secretary of State in Monroe
no issues
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 03:30:05 PM »
Finally got the nerve to OC at my dentist office on N. Macomb street.  Thought I was going to have surgery, nope, fixed my smile up like a million bucks!

no issues

Offline dlgeorge

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:27 AM »
Admiral Gas station in Monroe
and
Secretary of State in Monroe
no issues

Isn't the Secretary of State office a government building?   I often thought about open carrying in there, but thought it was on the list of gun free zones.  I have a CPL.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 09:16:03 AM »
Isn't the Secretary of State office a government building?   I often thought about open carrying in there, but thought it was on the list of gun free zones.  I have a CPL.

You may carry in any state office building like any other place.  Concealed or Open -- your choice.

I personally know DTMB (the people who run the buildings) has given training to people on how to handle an MWAG -- they even credited our group -- that's actually how I found out about MOC.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 09:49:42 AM »
Oced AGAIN at the Secretary of State, no issues
and then Oced at Cracker Barrel off Exit 15 in Monroe

no issues,
i was with two guys interested in getting their first handguns, one is from New Orleans, the other his brother lives in taylor, before long he will be open carrying!

Offline delray226

• First Name (Displayed): B- ry
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2012, 05:18:35 PM »
I think it's great somebody has been documenting this and actually being the guinea pig/test subject as to who will give you problems. I live in Monroe and I am for sure glad there's someone who's done this before I'd try to. Thank you

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 03:11:07 PM »
sorry I did not see your response before today, i have not been on the ball due to family issues, but any time you want to OC just let me know, I am sure we can find someplace to visit!!!

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2012, 06:01:18 PM »
Been a while since I posted here.  Yesterday went to the Monroe County Fair, in Attendance with me was my 32 year old son from VA (CPL) who Open Carried one of my pistols.  Walked around, put the grand kids on the rides spend way too much money, walked down one isle where two Monroe County Sheriffs were sitting on a cart, my son noticed them looking at us and we just kept on the route we were taking.  My son noted they are on the move.  with that i watched as they passed me by and headed down the road to our south, about 30 feet away, one on his radio.  The went to the end of the road and waited as we passed, they just chatted and watched us, that was the last time we seen them.  Walked into the small Monroe county Sheriff's display the had there with all the guns they used in their service.  Asked the Deputy if the Tommy Gun was one the department used in the past, he said yes.  We walked out.  My son laughed as we got got out of ear range and said boy was he giving your gun the stink yes...maybe it was Pistol envy???

all in all a very good day to OC at the Monroe County Fair 2012

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2012, 04:49:36 AM »
Oced over twice over the last 2 weeks at the Ellis branch of the Monroe County Library system.  My grandson is in town and wanted some books to read, so we headed to the library.  I had to get a library card so I had to work for about 20 minutes with a librarian and then after she entered all my info into the system we headed over to the kids section where she helped my grandson pick out the books he wanted, then she helped us check them out via the electronic check out.  On the second visit we picked up ordered books.  I seen a couple looks but no one bothered us as we did our business............all in all a good day.........

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 08:34:19 AM »
maybe it was Pistol envy?
Was yours bigger than his?   :)

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2012, 01:11:17 AM »
Past few months have OC'd at Meijer, Walmart, Big Blues, Big Lot's (all in Monroe, SOS (Monroe and Lambertville/Temperance), Ihop in Woodhaven. No problems anywhere.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »
OC'd at Red Lobster in Monroe, and Food Town after that. No issues, one stink eye from an elderly man at Red Lobster but he didn't say anything.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Brawl

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »
Great thread , keep it up.

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2012, 08:03:49 PM »
Was yours bigger than his?   :)
I dont know, Im not in the habit of looking at a guys gun ;D

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 08:54:42 PM »
OC'd to Ihop and Lowes on West Road in Woodhaven with my wife, step-son and step-daughter. Only had a couple of odd looks by an elderly couple as I held the door open for them, and one waitress glared a bit. During dinner my step-son and I were talking guns, and my wife actually said she may go for her CPL. I about fell out of my chair! Not that she is anti-gun, but she isn't comfortable carrying. Told her the only way to get comfortable is take the class, go to one of the MOC seminars (we are planning to go to the one at Ganders on the 20th) and carry, even if only around the house to start with. We shall see what happens, should prove interesting.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
During dinner my step-son and I were talking guns, and my wife actually said she may go for her CPL. I about fell out of my chair!

Excellent!  Two of the things that I used to encourage my wife to get her CPL was for the extra training and legal knowledge and to avoid any problems if I left my handgun in the car to go in a PFZ.  She doesn't carry but she has her CPL and she is glad she got it.

Good luck ... I hope she goes for it!   :)

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 10:07:35 PM »
Well hoping she does too. Time will tell.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »
OC'd at Denny's on North Dixie in Monroe for dinner, no issues.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »
OC'd today at Todd's Guns in Lambertville for some ammo. Got invited down to my wife's cousin's farm to do some shooting and was a little short on target rounds for my Glock's and my unmentionables. Then went to Monroe Bank and Trust in Erie to get some papers notarized and walked around Erie and stopped at the Post Office to drop the notarized papers in the mail. I of course stayed outside and my wife ran the papers in. There was a Monroe County Sheriff's Deputy at Todd's, he never batted an eye and just asked what model Glock I was carrying. I told him and we had a nice chat about open carry. All in all good times.