Author Topic: ocd while checking tree stands  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Michhunter

ocd while checking tree stands
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »
I am not sure if this would count as ocing because it was on private property. But I took the fiance and the kids to check the tree stands had to kick a large branch out of one of the stands. The kids never said a word but I also oc around the house to get them used to see guns. The fiance on the other hand say's why do you have a gun? I reply with encased I see a coyote or a pig I need to shot. And that was that.  Don't have a cpl so didn't get it out when we stopped at salvation army just to be told there not open on Sundays.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »
Can't shoot a ferrel pig w/o a valid hunting license (any) or a CPL. There are more restrictions, someone not typing on a phone can explain them.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
Re: ocd while checking tree stands
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 11:42:53 PM »
What is the new law, Public Acts 69-71 of 2010?
The new law does not establish a hunting season on feral swine. Public Acts 69-71 of 2010 declare feral swine a nuisance species and allow for the opportunistic take of any free-ranging pig running at large. Under this law, a person with a concealed pistol permit (CPL) or valid hunting license can kill swine running at large on public property; landowners or other authorized persons can kill swine running at large on private property; and local animal control officers and law enforcement can kill swine running at large on either public or private property.

what type of hunting license do I need to pursue feral swine?
Any type of valid hunting license or a concealed pistol permit is needed on public property. Possession of either of these allows the holder to be in legal possession of the firearm associated with the license or permit on public land.

If I have a CPL, do I also need a hunting license?
No, you do not need a hunting license in conjunction with the CPL.

Can I shoot feral swine on private property?
If you are the landowner or have permission of the landowner, you may shoot feral swine on private property at any time. It is not necessary to possess a hunting license or CPL to kill feral swine on private land.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:46:30 PM by Onnie »
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:10:23 AM »
...that
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Michhunter

Re: ocd while checking tree stands
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 06:13:13 AM »
I know I need a hunting license to shoot them if you see and I have about sox or so in my wallet....... all part of being a hunter I guess clean them out every other year or two so always have a license on my.