Author Topic: Battle Creek OC Event Friday Oct. 21st 2:00 to 6:00 PM  (Read 4934 times)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Battle Creek OC Event Friday Oct. 21st 2:00 to 6:00 PM
« on: September 16, 2011, 10:18:05 PM »
Old County Buffet
5700 BECKLEY ROAD
BATTLE CREEK, MI 49017

Event organizer Adam Yancer has invited you to lunch! He has spoken with management at the restaurant and they are excited to have us. If you have any questions, please contact Adam by email. adam.yancer@yahoo.com
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

anetsprungen

Re: Battle Creek OC Event Friday Oct. 21st 2:00 to 6:00 PM
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 10:14:29 PM »
I'm going to try and make this event as it will be my first for this year. I feel like I've been slacking. But I really need to come up with a plan for where I can park my vehicle outside the Federal Center parking areas while I am at work.

Roy
 8)

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 12:40:16 PM »
Thanks for posting this over here for me! 

Its next week Friday, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there!

anetsprungen

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 06:50:06 AM »
I guess I was expecting to see a well planned event with notifications, follow-ups, and details on where we would meet inside the restaurant. I check Facebook daily but the MOC forum only rarely, and OCDO very, very rarely. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I plan to be there by about 4 PM.

Roy
 8)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 12:31:54 PM »
I guess I was expecting to see a well planned event with notifications, follow-ups, and details on where we would meet inside the restaurant. I check Facebook daily but the MOC forum only rarely, and OCDO very, very rarely. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I plan to be there by about 4 PM.

Roy
 8)

Checking the MOC forum and calendar of events is a good way to keep up on happenings involving MOC. I think that was why it got started up. So that MOC had its own dedicated medium to communicate with its members.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 12:03:50 PM »
Pat we control the Facebook page as well... In this case the posting on there was done as a courtesy for the event poster. As a result some of the questions posted on the event posting on Facebook were not answered in a timely manner. The fellow that setup the event now knows he can post answers on the Facebook as well.

Sent from my Inspire 4G via Tapatalk flying mail monkeys
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

anetsprungen

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 05:51:22 AM »
Turn out was good and the camraderie was very pleasant. The event makes me anxious to receive my CPL, estimated to be by the end of December.  But then I will have to plan on parking off federal property. 

Thanks Adam & Ryan!  I enjoyed the time and the meal!

Roy
 8)

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 05:17:47 PM »
Thanks for coming out.  It was nice to see those that came as well as not being the only one carrying for a change.  Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next one.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »
Pat we control the Facebook page as well... In this case the posting on there was done as a courtesy for the event poster. As a result some of the questions posted on the event posting on Facebook were not answered in a timely manner. The fellow that setup the event now knows he can post answers on the Facebook as well.

Sent from my Inspire 4G via Tapatalk flying mail monkeys

Sorry. I was just commenting that we have this forum that is a great under utilized medium. I don't visit MOC facebook that often. I will more often now that I know that it is seeing more traffic than here.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update