Author Topic: OC/CC renaissance fest?????  (Read 5619 times)

Offline Glock19

OC/CC renaissance fest?????
« on: September 22, 2011, 06:33:15 PM »
has anyone ever OC/CC during Renaissance festival? i am looking to attend this weekend, just curious to everyone thought and experiences....

Offline s_a_c

Re: OC/CC renaissance fest?????
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »
Shouldn't be a problem, I'm not sure if it's public, or private land, but when I was there I don't recall any signage, searches, or medal detectors, or anything.

Besides it gives you the perfect excuse to carry a flintlock pistol. lol 8)

Offline Glock19

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
i believe its private property.....  ill probly CC id like to OC, but getting other opinions.

Offline PaulC

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »
I would ask malignity.He has gone in the past and he OC's alot to say the least.
"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author

Offline DGerard

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:11:21 PM »
The family and I went last year...I do recall seeing a no weapons sign...whether it is private or public I am not sure...I do recall sheriff deputies directing traffic though if that makes any difference...I would suggest reviewing their website for details...
“Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

Offline stanr2

• MOC Member
OC/CC renaissance fest?????
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:06:33 PM »
The sign stated No Weapons and it is private property.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.694415,-82.742634
Stanr2

Offline Glock19

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 11:31:45 PM »
so CC it is then

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »
I went a couple weeks ago with the wife, i did not see any signs but i CC just to be on the safe side, once I left heading back to the car, i took off my shirt to a shocked wife who only at that point noticed that i had both my 45 and my 40 cal on under my shirt

ive checked their website and seen nothing on there, but there is "undercover" security there dressed in all the renaissance cloths, while i dont think the ones i saw were actual cops he was introduced to me as head of security, and btw he did not notice me printing!
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 12:25:05 AM »
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/festivals/view.php?faire=86

I couldn't find any current weapons policy, but - the page from 2008 (still active?) clearly states NO WEAPONS! I would make every effort before taking a pistol to this event to find out just what their "current" policy is and to ask for a copy in writing if they do say CC or OC is allowed.

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/festivals/view.php?faire=86

:o
NOTE*This site [not sure if it is an official one or not for this year states NO WEAPONS!
http://www.renfaire.com/Sites/Michigan/Michigan-Renaissance-Festival.38.html :o
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993