Author Topic: Walgreens Pharmacist  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
Walgreens Pharmacist
« on: September 27, 2011, 03:52:05 PM »
Ok... The pharmrcist that was fired from walgreens for returning fire at a couple of crooks is suing  Walgreens on the basis (I think) that he has a right by law to self defense. The attorneys on Fox News have agreed that he is going to win this case. If this in fact happens, how will this impact carry laws on private property including places of employment? Also if he wins this case, could it be the potental end of Pistol Free Zones based on the states constitution (Article I section VI)?

Maybe I'm way off base here, but it sounds reasonable to my simple mind. Just food for thought.

Daniel
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline kc8swy

• MOC Member
Re: Walgreens Pharmacist
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:21:59 PM »
My mom knows the guys wife, who works at another local Walgreens.  The local newspaper, the Herald Palladium has had a few articles on this (search for Jeremy Hoven).  I think this is going to be a landmark case, meaning it will determine if we have the right to be armed at work.  I don't think it will have anything to do with PFZ's.  The next scheduled event is on 10/6 in Grand Rapids.  I'd love to sit in on this.

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »
While winning his case, which may or may not happen, will be great for self defense enthusiasts, it will not affect current law nor your legal right to carry at work, which we do not have in Michigan.  It may push more far sighted companies who watch these types of things to quietly stop forbiding firearms, but I doubt it.  It will mean you and I would have a nice reference piece if we had gotten fired for a similar occurance, but a civil lawsuit does not build case law nor affect laws, it only affects the plaintiff and defendant.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 06:18:58 PM »
+1 I concur with Jason. Carry On. 8)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »
...Also if he wins this case, could it be the potental end of Pistol Free Zones based on the states constitution (Article I section VI)?...

Yes... if the state applied the logic. But then again, if the state applied logic there never would have been PFZ's in the first place. Nor registrations, nor CPL's, nor...
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline emt805

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 08:01:49 PM »
if the state applied logic there never would have been PFZ's in the first place. Nor registrations, nor CPL's, nor...Authorities that can make their own rules as they go

Added one that you forgot