Author Topic: carry in doctor's office  (Read 8045 times)

Offline nathanbudai

carry in doctor's office
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:50:22 PM »
since it's starting to get cold and im starting to put more layers on can I carry cocealed in a doctor's office with my cpl.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: carry in doctor's office
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:54:25 AM »
since it's starting to get cold and im starting to put more layers on can I carry cocealed in a doctor's office with my cpl.

only if he allows it
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 07:34:15 AM »
If your  doctors office is not inside of a hospital, there is not a "no guns" sign, and no one who works there has told you no guns allowed, then yes, of course you can carry there.  The hospital portion of the off limits places is only for places that offer in-patient care of some sort, not for any medical facility.  In today's world though, many doctors offices are in fact inside of a hospital, and in taht case, you could not carry there concealed.

-jason r.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »
OC FTW

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »
If your  doctors office is not inside of a hospital, there is not a "no guns" sign, and no one who works there has told you no guns allowed, then yes, of course you can carry there.  The hospital portion of the off limits places is only for places that offer in-patient care of some sort, not for any medical facility.  In today's world though, many doctors offices are in fact inside of a hospital, and in taht case, you could not carry there concealed.

-jason r.

"No gun signs" carry no weight of law.

Can you cite any particular law that relates to firearms statutes that are applicable and have penalties for their violation specified?

I did not think so.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Glock19

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »

-jason r.

Can you cite any particular law that relates to firearms statutes that are applicable and have penalties for their violation specified?

I did not think so.

PRIVATE PROPERTY!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 03:22:45 PM »

-jason r.

I did not think so.

PRIVATE PROPERTY!

CITE?!?!?

I like cap lock too. ;)

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »
I Would Like To Hear That Come Back ;D.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
carry in doctor's office
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »
Who needs to respect private property anyhow...?

Pffft!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline mustangcobratim

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »
i oc as well as cc at my dr. office. they all see it but no one has said anything to me about it. i know all the people in there very well. so i am assuming they don't mind. i have also oc in a concentra faculity recently and no one said anything either.

tim
Tim
free to o.c. in Macomb Twp

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 10:53:31 PM »
Good Info. Tim Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
carry in doctor's office
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 12:12:43 PM »
For the record: once my doctor was chewing me out for gaining 6 lbs since my last visit. I letter my shirt and said, "well, there's two lbs". He asked me why I carry (and stated he has absolutely nothing against it - he seems small government minded). I told him: self-defense.

That was that ;)
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
For the record: once my doctor was chewing me out for gaining 6 lbs since my last visit. I letter my shirt and said, "well, there's two lbs". He asked me why I carry (and stated he has absolutely nothing against it - he seems small government minded). I told him: self-defense.

That was that ;)

Why don't you open carry?