Author Topic: Eastpointe violating premption law  (Read 8514 times)

Offline s_a_c

Eastpointe violating premption law
« on: September 21, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »
Eastpointe just completed a new "skate park" recently, and the rules sign attached to it says no weapons, no exception for lawful carry is given, additionally it's published fall activities brochure has the same policy posted in it.  The next City Council meeting is October 4th if you want to come.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
Re: Eastpointe violating premption law
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »
I've worked with them before. It's very likely this can be handled pretty quickly.

Offline s_a_c

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 05:26:46 PM »
I've worked with them before. It's very likely this can be handled pretty quickly.

That's good to hear.  Out of curiosity what did they do before?

I just got done printing out 123.1102, 750.234a, 28.425o, MSP Update 86, and MCRGO V Ferndale to give to them with a tri fold just in case.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
Rob, you should ask Mr. Sweeney to correct this! Tell him that we don't really care to educate the voters on the definition of malfeasance nor have the time for another meeting but...  ;)

Sorry to be so blunt and gruff about it but c'mon, is council's memory really that bad? Doesn't anyone there review such things?
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 09:00:10 AM »
I often ride my bicycle while I OC around there to watch the kids tear it up but hadn't paid any attention to the rules.  I am planning to use the actual park during school hours next week (in hopes no kids will be there), so I can jump my new radio-controlled car all over their ramps.   8)

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 08:08:54 AM »
I'm in for a council meeting!!! WE can say hi to Mr Duchane as well.....lol!!!

Offline s_a_c

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »
I often ride my bicycle while I OC around there to watch the kids tear it up but hadn't paid any attention to the rules.  I am planning to use the actual park during school hours next week (in hopes no kids will be there), so I can jump my new radio-controlled car all over their ramps.   8)

I think I saw you once riding on the side walk past the park at the bandstand/gazebo end you rode past me.

Offline s_a_c

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »
I'm in for a council meeting!!! WE can say hi to Mr Duchane as well.....lol!!!

I'll be there to. :)

Anyone else who wants to come the meeting is at 7:00PM.

Offline s_a_c

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 08:59:14 PM »
Well I went, but I was the only one there. :(  I gave them a copy of the laws, and a tri fold, it looked like they might have been reading them, but I'm not sure, in the comments at the end Sweeny stopped himself before he said something, though I have no idea what just that he "didn't want to talk about that again" whatever it was.  I think the next meeting is the 18th, I'll check before then to see if the signs get changed.

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 08:47:21 AM »
I think I saw you once riding on the side walk past the park at the bandstand/gazebo end you rode past me.

That was most likely me.  I cut thru that park often while riding.  Just went thru there again yesterday, on my way to Spindler and Huron parks.  ;)

Anyone else who wants to come the meeting is at 7:00PM.

If I had known when, and where, I would have gladly joined you for support.  I don't check these forums every day though, as they go much slower than the other forums.

I assume you were OCing at the meeting?

Offline s_a_c

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 12:58:34 AM »
Just checked again earlier today, the sign is still up.

Meeting is Tuesday 7:00PM.

Offline s_a_c

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 08:00:46 PM »
Well I was their again, I was still the only one their though.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 10:27:50 AM »
I'd like to know if you were open carrying at the meeting, and what happened of interest to us?

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 09:37:14 AM »
Well I was their again, I was still the only one their though.

If you want to get other people to show up you should probably post about it on OCDO or MGO.  This forum barely gets any use when compared to those 2 OC forums.

Was the no forearms sign discussed?  I forgot about this, but not sure I would be allowed if I am not an Eastpointe resident.  Too bad none of the MOC leadership lives in Eastpointe.... oh, wait.   ::)

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
You're right...it is too bad. ;)