Author Topic: MCSC and Aftwards  (Read 5169 times)

Offline viperar15-member

• Michigan Open Carry, Inc
MCSC and Aftwards
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
So Nate, Jeff, and Myself were at the Midland Gun Show yesterday. All went great! Talked to many people! Passed out a ton of info! And OC'ed without problem the whole time :-)

So then I went to Autozone after to pick up some parts for the truck. I know the Dept Manager (or whatever he is) and he walked up to me, told me that Carry is not allowed at Autozone per corp policy and that he is to ask anyone who carry's... open or conceal to leave. So I said, ok, and walked out.

Then I went to Advance Auto across the street. Browsed around, picked up stuff I needed and in the meantime they had a hundred people there from corp i assume doing a remodel of everything since they are bringing in something like 2000 more in stock products! :-) So I got talked to several of the guys about OC and carry. 1 was leary on it, the other was like... if he is in the back isle and a bad guy comes in... i like knowing u're back there!

He was like... autozone asked you to leave instead of allowing you to purchase what you wanted? They were surprised. But at the same time didnt know their corp policy, but sure wasn't gonna kick me out, since i was there to do business. I came back later with the rented tool and to rent another. 1 of the guys I talked to was like, i talked to the owner and corp and as far as they can tell, there are no policies against it and to carry on (per law of the state). :-D

Now... mind ya... i have carried into this same store about a thousand dozen other times without problem either.
Shaun Crawford

Warchild

Re: MCSC and Aftwards
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »
Good job.

Now do what I have adopted in like issues, take the receipts back to the zone and show them their loss of $$$$$. Sometimes it makes an impact...or not.

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 09:04:56 PM »
Just tape the receipt to thier front door since you're not allowed in :)
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 10:48:36 PM »
Dont we have an OC friendly autozone?
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

stainless1911

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:50:58 PM »
I OC at autozone in Waterford, and at one in Flint. No issues.

Offline viperar15-member

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 07:30:47 AM »
between sql and i... we're sending off a letter to corporate to get their policy :-)
Shaun Crawford

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 12:20:02 AM »
  Me to i went into an auto zone in detroit on livernois ave near michigan walked around looked at the guard on duty  stood in the wrong line. Then got in the right line paid for my things looked at the guard and left. Carry on.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline TheElk

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 11:02:42 AM »
  Me to i went into an auto zone in detroit on livernois ave near michigan walked around looked at the guard on duty  stood in the wrong line. Then got in the right line paid for my things looked at the guard and left. Carry on.

Wow, you have guards in your Auto Zones?
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »

Bro. we are talking Detroit SW side.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Jblack44

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 10:42:20 AM »
The Autozone in Westland  on Wayne Rd is listed in the OC friendly businesses. I have OC'ed in there a couple times, no issues. Also the Advanced Auto that's about 500t away. Again no issues. In fact had a nice conversation about OC with a couple employees.
"The 2nd Amendment...It protects LIFE, secures LIBERTY, and promotes the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.."
quote by me 2010

Offline viperar15-member

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 12:41:33 PM »
Just as a quick update, i'll put in more when I can sit down...

AutoZone in Midland supports all forms of carry ;-) sql sent out a letter to corporate.
Shaun Crawford