Author Topic: If gun is confiscated?  (Read 3064 times)

Offline zancruse

If gun is confiscated?
« on: December 02, 2011, 09:47:40 PM »
Ok, newbee question here.  What if you are OC'ing legally on the street or say in  park and a LEO confronts you and claims you can't carry here or something to that effect.  What if it comes down to him not arresting you but taking your gun?  I am talking here about the post on the kid that got his confiscated in west branch MI by police. ( Yosemeite SAM posted on it last Oct )  Could you then call the state police and report the gun stolen?  ( taken from you in a illegal or unlawful manner)  I know you are required by law to report theft of your handgun.   So would the state police have to investigate this?   Just throwing this out.

Offline northofnowhere

Re: If gun is confiscated?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 08:24:33 AM »
     Yes, you could report the gun stolen.  No, I am confident the state police or any other law enforcement branch would not even think of touching the matter.  Yes, you could hire a lawyer and sue, but you will most likely get the gun back without a lawyer, and it will probably not be worth any legal fees to do so.  If you immediately went out and bought a replacement firearm, you may be able to prove a loss as a result of the gun being taken from you, but even that is doubtful with our compeltely screwed up justice system.  I am also confident if that were to happen to you, a small pile of legally armed citizens, perhaps even members of MOC and friends of MOC, would be happy to go to the station and politely discuss the matter, and then have a large BBQ across the street fromt he police station.  Perhaps even on a daily basis until the matter is resolved.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher