Author Topic: (Almost) New from Okemos  (Read 5772 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
(Almost) New from Okemos
« on: December 26, 2011, 11:00:29 PM »
I've been here a little while but just realized I never posted in this intro thread. I've been OC'ing since late summer, so I am pretty new but it didn't take long to feel comfortable about it.  After about a week or two I stopped feeling self-conscious, but I am always self-aware and keep up SA.

Even though I concealed carried some fairly weighty pistols (Sigma 40 and LDA 1911) OCing allows me to easily carry a larger, lighter pistol that I really like better, the FNH Five-seveN.  I still carry steel, though.  A K40 BUG.

I got to meet several people here at the Aldaco's dinner a few months ago.  On the other forums I am gryphon.  I am griffin here because "gryphon" appears to be already taken (although I can't find anyone here by that name).

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: (Almost) New from Okemos
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 11:05:33 PM »
*waves*

I'm sure we met at Aldacos -- I hosted that gathering.  Maybe we could get together for a mini-meet again soonish?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 12:12:38 AM »
I'm sure we met at Aldacos
Yep. I sat next to you and across from autosurgeon. :)  I left shortly before someone began taking photos, so I am not in them.  To refresh your memory, I look like this, only without the sports jacket.  And since this was taken last year I am a few pounds heavier. LOL.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 12:23:01 AM »
Ummm...wanted to edit that post, but editing is not allowed.  Since I forgot to address this, I also wanted to add that I'd be happy to meet again sometime.  Heck, I'll buy lunch. I work near downtown, and I think you might, although not sure.

Hey, can something be done about this "gryphon" ID?  Is there really anyone here with the "gryphon" login?  If not, I'd like to change so that I am the same in all Michigan forums so there is no confusion as to who I am. I would like to present myself the same to people and not have different IDs.  If not, I guess it's not that big a deal.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:19:41 AM »
Ummm...wanted to edit that post, but editing is not allowed.  Since I forgot to address this, I also wanted to add that I'd be happy to meet again sometime.  Heck, I'll buy lunch. I work near downtown, and I think you might, although not sure.

Hey, can something be done about this "gryphon" ID?  Is there really anyone here with the "gryphon" login?  If not, I'd like to change so that I am the same in all Michigan forums so there is no confusion as to who I am. I would like to present myself the same to people and not have different IDs.  If not, I guess it's not that big a deal.

We don't allow non-members to edit their post -- for whatever reason.  I assure you that feature changes once you become c paying member ;)

I live in Lansing and I work in Dimondale.  I can usually make it downtown to enjoy lunch.  Email me and we can discuss details: PHofmeister@miopencarry.org

Regarding the gryphon ID -- I can't find one in the member search (and I'm an admin).  You could email it@miopencarry.org and inquire about it.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 02:05:33 AM »
And since this was taken last year I am a few pounds heavier. LOL.

Glad you clarified that you're a few pounds heavier now. I though the MOC weight standards had been relaxed there for a minute.  ;)
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 02:14:32 AM »
Glad you clarified that you're a few pounds heavier now. I though the MOC weight standards had been relaxed there for a minute.  ;)

Please pay no mind to our resident troll (Pat) ;)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 02:36:46 AM »
I don't.  I assume something happened to him when he served aboard the Kennedy.

And someone fixed my login ID! Yay.

Check PM as to membership.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 02:51:31 AM »
Here's how to become a paying, card carrying member of Michigan Open Carry (with access to more forum features and private members only forum areas)

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 03:00:25 AM »
And the heavens rejoice as another person joins Michigan Open Carry, Inc. -- well, not quite -- but thank you for your membership!

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 12:13:57 AM »
Even though I concealed carried some fairly weighty pistols (Sigma 40 and LDA 1911) OCing allows me to easily carry a larger, lighter pistol that I really like better, the FNH Five-seveN. .

(jealous)

That is likely next on my list now that I got a DB9 BUG.

I OC an FNP9.

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
test of this section
\
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!