Author Topic: OC/CC in Truck  (Read 4125 times)

Offline BAILEY

OC/CC in Truck
« on: December 31, 2011, 08:55:23 PM »
My employer doesn't allow employees to carry while working. As far as I know that only includes while inside the store.  I can leave my weapon in my truck, while on company property.  The ? is, I have to do some work traveling to the warehouse to get food that we need or we are gonna run out off food to sell.  Can I carry while I travel to the warehouse while on company time. Its a very inform working day for my no uniform just regular clothes. In my vehicle not a company car.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Re: OC/CC in Truck
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 09:01:05 PM »
My employer doesn't allow employees to carry while working. As far as I know that only includes while inside the store.  I can leave my weapon in my truck, while on company property.  The ? is, I have to do some work traveling to the warehouse to get food that we need or we are gonna run out off food to sell.  Can I carry while I travel to the warehouse while on company time. Its a very inform working day for my no uniform just regular clothes. In my vehicle not a company car.

I'd say, if you're on the clock, you have to play by their rules, or face the consequences. Legally, they don't have to catch you with it, all they need to do is 'suspect' it. Michigan is an 'at will' state, so they can can you for the color of your shirt.

Some will say that your first responsibility is to stay alive. Others balance the risk with the responsibility for feeding their family.

You will get many opinions on this. This is just mine. Carry safe!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline BAILEY

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 09:07:34 PM »
thanks Bear thats what I was thinking, just wanted to see if there was a way I could get away with it legally

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 10:24:25 PM »
thanks Bear thats what I was thinking, just wanted to see if there was a way I could get away with it legally

Mmmm, unfortunately, or fortunately, employment 'rules' are not preempted by state law.

I have to check my weapon with security upon arrival. The upside is, we really HAVE security.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline BAILEY

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 10:38:44 PM »
guess i will just keep it "locked" up in my truck til i am done

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »
As long as you do not go/work someplace that is a PFZ it is not illegal to carry at work. It more then likely is against your company policy and IF they know you are carrying they can/will fire you, but you will not have "legal" problems.

If the building you work in is secure (meaning you do not feel that you have a chance of getting killed), leave the gun locked in your personal vehicle and keep your mouth shut, most companies do not even allow them in your vehicle.
If you have to drive during your work hours, unless you are in an armored car, keep in mind that "things happen". If you get "jacked" at a red light, it is cheaper for your company if you die then if you kill the criminal.

Yes it sucks but money is what drives companies to make rules like this.