Author Topic: First ever open carry today, awesome  (Read 3597 times)

Offline CNZ302

First ever open carry today, awesome
« on: April 26, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »
I have had my CPL since October 2008 and carry absolutely everywhere I go except my work place. The reason I cannot bring a gun there is that I work at a treatment boarding school.

Well, some of my other friends that are CPL holders started OC'ing and have motivated me to do so. I went out today and OC'ed at a gas station, Subway, Target (40 min) and Auto Zone. No problems whatsoever. A couple double takes I think but nothing after that. I have to tell you it felt great. I love being able to use my right as a Michigan citizen as well as a US citizen to open carry.

I have a Fobus belt holster for now. I am looking for something with more retention than that, but, because I carry a CZ P-01, it is hard to find holsters for it. Does anyone know any good retention holsters that fit that gun? How are the Comp-tac belt holsters retention and quality? Also, I think Blade tech has CZ P-01 fitting holsters, which blade tech is a good belt holster?

Thanks for doing what you are doing guys, you are making this state and country a better place, honestly. I wish more people realized the same.

- Another proud American

stainless1911

Re: First ever open carry today, awesome
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:13:48 PM »
Welcome :)
And thanks. All you really have to do, is do it to it. Know your laws, and use your rights.

Offline CNZ302

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:43:49 AM »
Yep, I am up on all of the laws for open carry from actually meeting a guy on here at a gun show (can't remember his name) and he handed me a card and such. I did my own research but never did open carry yet....until now:)

Offline EM87

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 01:03:21 PM »
Congrats on making the plunge!
"You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87 (from opencarry.org)