Author Topic: glocks and revolvers.  (Read 4356 times)

Offline DrScaryGuy

• Ironically named
glocks and revolvers.
« on: January 29, 2012, 12:46:37 PM »
So I'm always trying to introduce new people (other med school students mostly) to the shooting sports, cheaply.

I actually don't much like glocks, but I figure I should have one or two just to let people know what they're like - maybe a glock 17/19 in a gen2 or gen3 config.  There's no way I intend to spend $550 for a new one, and I'm pretty hesitant about the price even if I can get somebody to use their LEO discount for me.  I know I bought one once before, used by cop, and he was only asking little over $300 - and didn't have to try too hard to sell it again shortly after for the same price, so that's the lowball neighborhood I'm looking at.  Does anybody have one that they just don't love anymore?

Same deal for low priced used revolvers - I own none and I want some.  double action .38 is fine, .357/.38 would be better.  .22 would even be great just for teaching people the basics of using revolvers at a low cost.

Basically, I just want some safe but inexpensive guns that I can have people fire a lot of for as little cost as possible - so that I can avoid putting excess wear on the guns that I carry.  I'm not terribly interested in going the hi-point route, and definitely not interested in bryco/JA, so I'm hoping one of you folks has more guns than than you know what to do with.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: glocks and revolvers.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
Pre-Owned by the sitting President of MOC....

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,1509.0.html

Includes:
* Night sights
* 2 boxes of SD ammo
* Pocket Holster
* 3 Magazines.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline DrScaryGuy

• Ironically named
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »
In case anybody is still looking:  I did get a good deal on a Glock 17 from somebody over on MGO, so I'm done with Glocks for quite some time.

I could still use a 38/357 for cheap though.

Offline msgt

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 08:27:44 PM »
I have a EAA .357 Windicator 6 shot w/holster 1 speed loader and at least 100 rds of ammo, $320

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/msgt1953/IMG_0018.jpg