Author Topic: Michigan school carry in the news  (Read 4944 times)

Offline emt805

Michigan school carry in the news
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:20:13 PM »
http://www.wnem.com/story/16698983/school-board-member-reportedly-carrying-firearm-openly-on-campus

"I just feel it's the wrong message to send to the young kids," he says. "You get enough people in the area where they are carrying weapons, you never know what could happen," Goodyear adds

Sounds like we should remove the parking lot since there are a lot of cars and kids walk there, this guy must teach his kids that cops are bad because they are carrying weapons

Most comments are pro firearm unlike most reports

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
Re: Michigan school carry in the news
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »
Its also nice to see that some of the comments have the law cited.  People know what they are talking about...I wonder why that is  ;)

Offline METL

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:48:51 PM »
ONe of the comments:   "I think he should be charged with child endangerment".   Get a grip lady.  Seriously.  People are CRAZY about this stuff.  OMG CHILD ENDANGERMENT!!!    Should the cops get charged with that too if they goto a school?   Not much difference Heather. 

Offline Bronson

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 03:39:22 AM »
I had to register and provide some clarification.  None of the comments that I read referenced MCL 750.237a which prohibits any weapon possession in a "weapon free school zone" unless you meet one of the listed exemptions, one of which is a concealed weapons license from MI or another state.

All the people writing that since 750.234d didn't prohibit firearm possession on school grounds it was legal to OC there without a CPL are very very wrong.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »
     I have been "following" this single news story, as in viciously searching for updates or other news sources.  Al Sanger touches on so many of my beliefs with his deeds.  We have discussed in previous threads our "comfort zone" when we open carry, and this man is just simply amazing, like many of the folks I have the priviledge to know through MOC.  I am severely guilty of allowing my comfort zones to define my carry method in my daily life.  I was also so pleased to see all those who used the comments section to support him and his actions.  It's wonderful to see him front and center, standing up for the issues I hold dear.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher