Author Topic: OC at the airport  (Read 3851 times)

Offline Jetmech67

OC at the airport
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:22:33 PM »
is this an  option? Can you OC in  the non controlled area of the airport??. Taking my son to GR on Friday to go see his dad and I am wondering if i should even bring my weapon with me??
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Soldiers don't have that problem.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: OC at the airport
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 08:50:30 PM »
Absolutely.  You can OC in the "non-sterile" area of an Airport.  Some airports (ex: DTW) are Ran (or owned) by the County and are thus preempted.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Jetmech67

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 09:14:35 PM »
Thank You
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Soldiers don't have that problem.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:40:08 PM »
I OCed in the non-sterile area of Detroit Metro.  I did get to have a nice short discussion with two very professional TSA agents.  The whole interaction lasted a little over a minute and I was on my way without any trouble.  Kinda scary though because it was my first (and only) official LEO interaction.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Jetmech67

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 05:55:05 AM »
So it stands to reason that if I can OC i can CC in the non sterile area of the airport?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 08:01:39 AM »
So it stands to reason that if I can OC i can CC in the non sterile area of the airport?

...if you have a CPL, yes.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).