Author Topic: Michigan voter arrested for OC at school polling location  (Read 5063 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Michigan voter arrested for OC at school polling location
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
Thank you.  We are well-aware of this -- and he wasn't arrested, despite what news articles say.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:25:36 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed the update to the story. Excited to see the outcome!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 07:59:05 AM »
I just provide the viewers of MLive the site concerning the MSP Legal Update 86. That should settle a lot of misinformation if they look it up. I also suggested that they pass it on.

Offline emt805

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »
"Michigan State Police say a man who walked into a Grand Rapids school with a gun was protected by state law.

Sgt. Aimee Maikee with the Michigan State Police says someone with a valid concealed weapons license can carry a visible, holstered gun into schools, daycare centers, banks, churches, bars and sports arenas. "

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/201892/14/MSP-Law-allows-some-to-carry-guns-in-schools?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cbc%7Clarge

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 05:59:15 PM »
Id say thats a win.

It was nice to see all the support he had as well as seeing all the comments from people on the articles that were knowledgable in the law and that the gentlmans actions were completely legal.