Author Topic: Recording LEO's with cell phones and other devices  (Read 4426 times)

Offline daveslim182

Recording LEO's with cell phones and other devices
« on: March 03, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
Is it legal to record both audio and video with cell phones and other devices in michigan? Specifically on public property?

Offline smallthunder

Re: Recording LEO's with cell phones and other devices
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:47:55 PM »
yes

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:00:15 PM »
If you have a Smart Phone check out the "Qik" app.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 11:47:11 PM »
yes

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

^^^ Absolutely both correct and LEGAL to do so. If not I'd have been locked up a long time ago  :P

To the original poster: We in the OC community recommend that all who OC carry some type of recording device. Why because if it comes down to your word against some joker LEO/Citizen this evidence maybe your get out of jail free card.

Think of it this way: if some rabid anti 2A nut called the cops and said you did something like pulled your weapon on them how would you prove that you did not? Audio good, Audio & video = priceless ;D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:56:39 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993