Author Topic: Dunham's Requires CPL Holder to get a Permit to Purchase to buy a pellet handgun  (Read 7746 times)

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
I went to Dunhams to buy a pellet pistol and found that I needed a purchase permit to buy (surprised me). I told the clerk that I had a CPL and he said "You still have to go get a purchase permit". I told him that my CPL is my purchase permit. He still insisted that I have to go and get another. I called Dunhams corporate and they confirmed that that is indeed Dunhams policy, put in place to make sure they conform to all  laws and do not put their firearms license at risk. I told them that that was not right and that I can walk into any gun store in Michigan and purchase a handgun and walk out with the exception of Dunhams. You want me to spend more money and time to get a permit that I already have so that I can come back to your store and then buy from you? I will not be doing that.

I will not make another purchase from Dunhams for anything and perhaps they need a few phone calls from CPL holders to inspire them to follow the laws on the books instead of making their own.

Daniel
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 03:44:55 PM by TheQ »
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline JoeCar

Re: Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
+1,

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 03:26:37 PM »
WTF? Purchase permit if you have a CPL?!

Last I checked, Dunham's doesn't sell real handguns anyhow. Nothing lost on me...
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
 :) +2 carry on.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
any follow ups from you Dunham shoppers?
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline Greyh Seer

I might suggest sending an e-mail with a link and quote of the section of CPL law that states it can bee used instead of a ptp...maybe with a law quote, Dunham's would actually think about their policy.
----------------------------------------
-Greyh

• Daniel
I had contacted corperate. They stated that it is indeed their company policy to help ensure that they do not violate any laws and lose their FFL. I also told them that "with my CPL, I can walk into any gun store in Michigan and walk out with a gun and you want me to leave here, go to the police station, get a purchase permit which I already have, then come back here to purchase a pellet pistol from you, then go back to the police station to return the paper work? All for a pellet gun"? So, I just don't shop at Dunham's any more.
Stupified by idiots
Daniel
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline smallthunder

looks like i will not shop there any more.  I think I will also call them to inform them of this.  What do they think they are, IKEA? ;) 

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Offline PaulC

So what happens when you comply with the law and return the purchase permit to register said pellet gun?

Blasted out with my Photon using Tapatalk
"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Years ago I had one of their retarded clerks {pimply face 12 yr old looking} tell me I needed a Purchase Permit to buy a surplus mauser98? "I looked at him and said you're joking right?" He said "no it's store policy" I said "we'll see about that call the manager please" He says "uh he's out of the store on an errand" I asked for his contact information & got "I dunno". So I gave up talking to that smacktard and went to the front of the store and asked for their corporate contact info from the one younger female cashier working [early 20ish and unpleasant looking] who responds "we aren't given that info sir"  :o

I left, went down the street to the local gun show that was going on and bought (2) for less than (DUMBhams) was asking. In my opinion the place won't be around in a few years and if they are they'll never see a red cent from any of my family or friends.

In conclusion THEY SUCK!  >:( 
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

• Daniel
Well Smallthunder... If you contact them please respond back here again... It took me about 3 hours of transfers and leaving messages, and gave up trying to talk to someone. Finally 3 or 4 days later I got a return call with the crap you have already read. Good luck friend!
Daniel