Author Topic: If you OC you will die!  (Read 19263 times)

Offline TERMINATOR

• TERMINATOR Sport Fishing Charters - Pentwater, MI
  • First Name (Displayed): Freedom Is NOT Free...
Re: If you OC you will die!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 05:03:42 PM »
I love the 2nd Amendment
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:05:57 PM by TERMINATOR »
Shooting up my addiction to FREEDOM
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
There are benefits to Open and Concealed Carry.  At the end of the day it is an individual's choice on a case-by-case basis to determine which is best to exercise in a given situation.

Amen

I just don't think we should string up Ted Nugent because he thinks it is better to carry concealed while agreeing and defending the right to carry open.
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 05:10:49 PM »

Where did he say that OCers "should" be shot with their own guns?

Google is your friend.

I have "Goggled" my fingers off.  I can't find one instance where Ted Nugent has said that people that Open Carry should be shot with their own guns.

And I seriously doubt you can either.  But if you can back up that ridiculous statement I will renounce Ted Nugent.
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »
Nope because he is a lawbreaker and an idiot.

Being a loudmouth and famous does not effective make. What exactly has he done for 2A? Where are the bills he supported? Even when we were fighting for shall issue in MI all he did was tell his MI liaison "go get em"

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

To say that a certain group of firearms owners should be shot with there own guns is disgusting. Regardless of who says it. But to come from someone so revered as Ted Nugent is more troubling than if it came from Sarah Brady. Therein lies the hypocrisy I mention. Not that he is a clandestine OCer.

Insofar as anyone else "poaching" is immaterial. Ted is a prominent conservationist whose behavior many emulate. As a leader, he is to be held to a higher standard. Otherwise don't lead.

Now, if you're here to argue the fallacies of open carry, you've come to the wrong place. You can take that trolling mantra someplace else.

If I believed there was something wrong with open carry I would not have done so at the lunch in Grand Rapids nor would I have joined Michigan Open Carry.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:19:25 PM by TERMINATOR »
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »
Nope because he is a lawbreaker and an idiot.

Being a loudmouth and famous does not effective make. What exactly has he done for 2A? Where are the bills he supported? Even when we were fighting for shall issue in MI all he did was tell his MI liaison "go get em"

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

To say that a certain group of firearms owners should be shot with there own guns is disgusting. Regardless of who says it. But to come from someone so revered as Ted Nugent is more troubling than if it came from Sarah Brady. Therein lies the hypocrisy I mention. Not that he is a clandestine OCer.

Insofar as anyone else "poaching" is immaterial. Ted is a prominent conservationist whose behavior many emulate. As a leader, he is to be held to a higher standard. Otherwise don't lead.

Now, if you're here to argue the fallacies of open carry, you've come to the wrong place. You can take that trolling mantra someplace else.

I find it hilarious that a person who identifies himself as the "Resident Troll" is accusing me of "trolling" for not agreeing with him.

Do I have to agree with everything every member says, no matter how unsubstantiated and hypocritical it is in order to be a member?

If so you cans can consider my membership fee a one time donation because I believe in what you are trying to do even if you think you know what is best for everyone.
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »
I don't see a way to edit my post so I will clarify that in the last sentence I meant to say "I WON'T jump Ted"

He is one of the few celebrities that ARE NOT trying to ban guns and vote for Obama and tell us how WE should live

We reserve the privilege to edit your own posts to dues paying members.

Then you should enable my ability to edit my post.

Thanks
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »
"IT IS SUICIDE TO OPEN CARRY" -Ted Nugent

"IF YOU OPEN CARRY YOU'RE DEAD!!!" -Ted Nugent
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 05:30:32 PM »
There's a difference between a 'valid point' and an opinion. Valid points have data to back them up. Opinions are just more hot air.

If he wanted to be an 'effective' spokesperson, he needs to advocate the entire Second Amendment, not just those parts he feels are 'OK'. That's how we go ourselves in this mess to begin with- self appointed 'spokesmen' throwing one part of the movement under the bus for their own aggrandizement. It's shameful & pathetic.

OCers support your right to conceal; why do some CCers feel that they must convert OCers to their way of thinking?

In the end, you're both wrong; 'its the mission profile, stupid'.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »
There's a difference between a 'valid point' and an opinion. Valid points have data to back them up. Opinions are just more hot air.

If he wanted to be an 'effective' spokesperson, he needs to advocate the entire Second Amendment, not just those parts he feels are 'OK'. That's how we go ourselves in this mess to begin with- self appointed 'spokesmen' throwing one part of the movement under the bus for their own aggrandizement. It's shameful & pathetic.

OCers support your right to conceal; why do some CCers feel that they must convert OCers to their way of thinking?

In the end, you're both wrong; 'its the mission profile, stupid'.

And in the interview in question Ted stated multiple times he supports the right to open carry.  He just doesn't think it is the smartest way to go.

That is his opinion not an attack on OC'ers.   He supports the right to OC, CC anytime anywhere.  If he happens to think your putting a target on your back by OC then so be it.
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 05:48:21 PM »
"IT IS SUICIDE TO OPEN CARRY" -Ted Nugent

"IF YOU OPEN CARRY YOU'RE DEAD!!!" -Ted Nugent

Neither of those statements where Ted says he believes you are making yourself a target for the bad guys and shouldn't give up tactical advantage equals him saying "OCers should be shot with their own guns"

Just sayin...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:07:56 PM by TERMINATOR »
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »
Then you should enable me to edit my post.

As explained in my previous post, post editing is reserved for dues paying members.  At the time I write this post, our records do not indicate you are a dues paying member.  If you joined at one of our events yesterday, please note it may take a few days for our record to be updated.  Compared to other organizations in our area and industry -- a few days is a short wait.  Most other organizations measure their membership processing turn around as a "few weeks".

Not a member? You can join here.

Until you join, you will not be "enabled to edit [your] posts".
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 05:58:25 PM »

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 05:59:15 PM »
Then you should enable me to edit my post.

As explained in my previous post, post editing is reserved for dues paying members.  At the time I write this post, our records do not indicate you are a dues paying member.  If you joined at one of our events yesterday, please note it may take a few days for our record to be updated.  Compared to other organizations in our area and industry -- a few days is a short wait.  Most other organizations measure their membership processing turn around as a "few weeks".

Not a member? You can join here.

Until you join, you will not be "enabled to edit [your] posts".

I paid my dues in cash yesterday at the Grand Rapids Gander Mtn seminar and will happily wait for you and Ryan to follow though on whatever process it is you have before you graciously grant me the ability to edit.

Until then you will have to put up with me using "Reply" to clarify my typing mistakes.

Thanks

Oh...and thank you all for the warm "Welcome to the group" and "Thank you for supporting OC"  LOL
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 05:59:36 PM »
Phil he did join yesterday. His was the family membership I processed. It is just not in the system yet.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »

I stuggled to hear most of what Ted said but I don't believe he said he feels we don't have the right to OC.

He obviously doesn't believe it is the way to go but that is different than him not supporting OC, trying to ban OC or especially as one poster exaggerated it saying "OCers should be shot with their own gun".
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »
Phil he did join yesterday. His was the family membership I processed. It is just not in the system yet.

Since Ryan confirmed the membership, I have updated the records (partly) -- our Secretary will finish processing your membership shortly.

Thank you for joining MOC -- I see you have a passion for OC as well as Ted.  Please know Ted doesn't think OC is a good idea -- as demonstrated in the video I posted a few minutes ago.  That being said -- the same video seemingly indicates that he supports your right to OC -- he just doesn't think it's a good idea.

There are hundreds of threads like this on MGO's Forum (people arguing and bickering that they don't support OC or that OC or CC is better than the other).

I will not tolerate them here.  I am this " " close to shutting this thread down.  I will caution the participants of this thread be to respectful of one another.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:08:46 PM by TheQ »

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 06:09:24 PM »

Thanks Ryan

Hopefully everyone understands that if I was against OC I wouldn't have done it at the lunch and signed up for a membership for my wife and I

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:10:40 PM by TERMINATOR »
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 06:09:51 PM »
I am closing this thread for a period of one hour so people can chill.  I'll consider opening it after that hour.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »

Why do some OCers feel the same need -- to convert CCers to their way of thinking.  We can tell someone about the benefits of Open Carry -- but at the end of the day, if they decide not to do it, that is an individual choice and I will support it.

And yes -- I'm using my l33t admin powers to post to a locked thread ;)

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 06:29:47 PM »
Now that we all have had a chance to breath, stop, and read each others' posts - I will reopen the thread.  I will not tolerate the infighting that happens on MGO about CC v OC.  I will not tolerate personal attacks during a civil discussion.