Author Topic: Another one for the good guys  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Michhunter

Another one for the good guys
« on: March 09, 2012, 01:43:16 AM »
Police are saying a man licensed to carry a gun helped prevent several people from being injured by a man with a knife in the parking lot of Royal Oak's Holiday Market.

The incident happened on March 5. Police say they received 911 calls saying a man, later identified as David Shuten, was carrying a knife and trying to break the driver's side window of a car.

The 49-year-old driver of the car was inside the vehicle at the time, but he was able to start his vehicle and drive away without being injured.

Police say Shuten then began approaching a couple and their infant son who were two parking spaces away from him. That's when the customer, who does have a certified CCW license, pulled his gun and ordered Shuten to drop the knife.

It took several shouted commands, but police say Shuten did drop the knife and sit on the ground. He was taken into custody when Royal Oak Police arrived on the scene.

Shuten has been arraigned on two counts of Assault with a Dangerous Weapon. He also had a probation violation warrant out for his arrest at the time of the incident.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: Another one for the good guys
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »
Great news carry on safely
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline northofnowhere

Re: Another one for the good guys
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 12:12:51 PM »
Michhunter,

While sharing news stories is great, especially in this case, could you please cit the article so Scripps Broadcasting gets thier just desert.  I assume you pulled it from WXYZ or an affiliate, we just don't want to make anyone think we plagarize.  Just modify the topic to include the cite or link and all is good.  If you can't modify, PM me or email me the link and I will throw it in properly.

Thanks

-jason r.
jreese@miopencarry.org
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher