Author Topic: OC seminar at Rylee's Ace Hardware in Grand Rapids MI on 5-15-10  (Read 5994 times)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
MOC Inc will be holding a FREE OC seminar on May 15th from 11:00am till 2:00pm at Rylee's Ace Hardware in Grand Rapids MI

This is a good event for the person that wants more information on the legal aspects of OCing with or without a CPL.

The address is 1231 Michigan Street Grand Rapids MI 49503
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:46:43 AM by autosurgeon »
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline EM87

Re: OC seminar at Rylee's Ace Hardware in Grand Rapids MI on 5-15-10
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:40:09 AM »
I'm going to try to make this.  I can help if needed, if I end up being able to attend.
"You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87 (from opencarry.org)

Offline Bronson

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:06:02 AM »
Can't make this one, which sucks because I enjoyed the last one.

A suggestion if you're open to it....keep the long gun OC info to a minimum.  It went really long and I think people were more than ready to get out by the time we were done.  Not to mention long gun OC isn't something most of the attendees will have much interest in and there is probably enough info on the laws regarding that topic to warrant a dedicated seminar just for long gun OC.

An area you may want to expand on is the reasons why somebody would OC.  That is always one of the most asked questions I get "why would you open carry when you can conceal."

Just some suggestions.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 08:51:29 AM »
Good points! I was kinda thinking about shortening the actual presentation and leaving more time for questions with the understanding that people can feel free to leave any time during questions. But that I will be there until 2:00 for any questions.

And I am thinking to start with Why OC.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Bronson

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 03:13:04 PM »
And I am thinking to start with Why OC.

Here are two write ups on that topic, one from me ("Why OC") and one from a gentleman who goes by Mainsail ("The Open Carry Argument").

If there is anything in my write up that could help feel free to use it.  Mainsail can be PMed from the member list for permission to use his.

Bronson

Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 10:11:30 AM »
Myself EM87 and Mosnar87 will be OCing on the motorcycles from Kalamazoo and Lawrence and meeting in Paw Paw and doing a group OC ride up to GR to put on the Seminar. We also are planning to take a short OC group ride around South Kent County after the seminar. Anyone with a CPL that would like to join us is welcome!

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »
signed up 8 new members and had a great turnout! more details once I am home with a computer.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 09:08:54 PM »
Had a long day with lots of OCing!

Myself, EM87 and Mosnar87 OCed on the Bike's through the following towns. Lawrence,Paw Paw,Gobles,Allegan,Hudsonville,Wyoming,GrandRapids and Grandville. We had no issues on the ride.

OCed at Rylee's where we met up with Ghostrider and Dr. Todd and put on an OC seminar Had 20 people in attendance. Signed up 8 for MOC memberships.

The 5 of us then OCed at Qdoba Mexican Grill in Grandville for a late lunch. No issues a few looks. Had a young fellow ask what kind of gun I had... NOT was that legal... just what kind was it? He then told me that he has a SW Sigma.. we then got into a discussion about sigma trigger jobs for a few minutes.

Of course we then had to retrace our morning ride back home!

All in all a great day OCing in the state of MI!!

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 08:36:27 PM »
Pics from Rylee's

Sorry about the picture quality but they are screen captures from video we took.

Offline T1mH

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 02:52:13 PM »
I know this is an old post, are there more seminars planned for around the Grand Rapids area?