Author Topic: Reloading supplies  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
Reloading supplies
« on: March 13, 2012, 10:43:45 PM »
Howdie all... Could anyone tell me where to buy reloading supplies at reasonable prices? Everywhere I have found so far makes it cheeper to buy ready made bullets. Also, I would like to hook up with someone that reloads so that I can watch and ask a few questions.
Thanks
Daniel
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Re: Reloading supplies
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »
Depending on your location-

There are several good sources in Grand Rapids, Otsego and Kalamazoo.

Dan's Sport & Ammo in GR on West River is a good source for powder, bullets and primers. Its a small shop (actually a closet in the back of a radiator shop) and their hours are only during the day. I've never acually been there- my wife picks up stuff for me.

Schanz Supply in Otsego has a great selection of materials, but the service is iffy at best.

I personally like On Target in Kalamazoo. Not a huge selection, but stocked in depth for popular calibers, good selection of powders & primers, as well as die sets. Also a bazillion guns to fondle, and great service.

Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

• Daniel
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:43:57 PM »
Thanks for the info Shadow... I am in Shiawassee county, making K-zoo and GR quite a drive... Maybe if ya'll have another get-together on that side of the state I'll have to make the 1.5 hr. trek. :?)
Daniel
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

• Daniel
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »
Does anyone go to "Classic Arms" in Lansing?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 10:52:08 PM »
I took my XDm there to the gunsmith once -- sight replacement.  That front sight was a bear!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 02:55:44 AM »
I took my XDm there to the gunsmith once -- sight replacement.  That front sight was a bear!

That's what you get for buying a Croatian made pistol :o Just kidding they seem to be fine guns. I have heard that the sights are not as easy to change out as some other pistols but, hey no biggie. Q you should talk to Dougwg about getting a halo sight when you become a "hard core" shooter. ;) He is a wealth of expert info when it comes to gun mods.
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 03:12:23 AM »
Howdie all... Could anyone tell me where to buy reloading supplies at reasonable prices? Everywhere I have found so far makes it cheeper to buy ready made bullets. Also, I would like to hook up with someone that reloads so that I can watch and ask a few questions.
Thanks
Daniel

Hi - Daniel,

I've been told by a friend that this is a good site to get you going on reloading.  http://reloaders.gunloads.com/

I too plan to start reloading soon on my own. Many members here are re-loaders. You may want to post a thread to see if anyone in your area would be willing to help you get started. I know Onnie helped me (Good guy - no matter that he speaks Klingon) :P 

Good luck & God Bless - G9OS
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline nathanbudai

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 12:26:05 AM »
Tell me about it Q when I took mine to Top gun down river they had to close the door so I wouldnt freak out when the pulled the sledge hammer out and Glock 9 XDM's don't just seem like good guns they are fantastic hand gun I sold my glock 21 after I picked it up and dont regret it. your from down river we should have a shoot out sometime. sorry off topic

Offline nathanbudai

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 12:44:10 AM »
Shoot out in a good way not North Hollywood lol

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 03:34:31 AM »
Tell me about it Q when I took mine to Top gun down river they had to close the door so I wouldnt freak out when the pulled the sledge hammer out and Glock 9 XDM's don't just seem like good guns they are fantastic hand gun I sold my glock 21 after I picked it up and dont regret it. your from down river we should have a shoot out sometime. sorry off topic

Shoot out it is (the good friendly type that is) ;) Send me your info in a private message and we'll set it up.
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993