Author Topic: Open Carry Luncheon and Seminar in Grand Rapids / Kentwood, MI  (Read 7131 times)

Offline Steel Magnolia

• MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
Open Carry Luncheon and Seminar in Grand Rapids / Kentwood, MI
« on: February 10, 2012, 02:01:53 AM »
Michigan Open Carry would like to invite you to attend our Open Carry Luncheon on Saturday March 10th 2012 from 1:30 pm - 3:30pm at Arnie’s Bakery Restaurant.  Arnie’s is a local restaurant that is welcoming us and supporting our right to bear arms.  I spoke with them and they are excited to have us.  Please feel free to bring friends.  Lunch will be followed by a seminar at Gander Mountain in Kentwood, MI.

The OC Lunch will be held at:

Arnie’s Bakery Restaurant
3561 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512

Saturday March 10th 2012
1:30pm - 3:30pm

Arnie’s is located near the corner of East Beltline (Broadmoor) and 28th Street, in front of CenterPoint Mall.

The Seminar will follow at 4:00pm at the Gander Mountain located at:

2890 Acquest Avenue SE
Kentwood, MI 49512

Gander Mountain is located just off 28th Street, right behind the Sam’s Club.

Please RSVP to: sbeahan@miopencarry.org  no later than Wednesday, March 7,  2012.
 8)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:05:22 AM by Steel Magnolia »
"There's something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" (or woman).  Winston Churchill

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Open Carry Luncheon and Seminar in Grand Rapids / Kentwood, MI
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 09:36:22 AM »
Great! Thanks for setting this up!

This is in the "Lodge" at Gander?

Posted on Facebook:
Dinner
Seminar

I won't be making it as I will be at the CPL Class over in Metro-Detroit (same day) :\ -- but that shouldn't affect your turn-out -- no one likes me anyhow.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:53:49 AM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Oddball Gunner

• First Name (Displayed): Sam I Am .. I Am Sam
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 11:24:37 AM »
Awesome!  I'll do my best to be there.

Offline Steel Magnolia

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:24:51 PM »
This seminar is in the "Lodge" at Gander Mountain, and Ryan Ransom is the speaker.  Sorry you can't make it Phil, we'll miss you. 
"There's something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" (or woman).  Winston Churchill

Offline FireControl

• Nothing worth having comes without a fight
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »
I will pass the info along. I hope to see a good turn out.
The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives.

-Albert Schweitzer

anetsprungen

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:04:53 AM »
The OC Lunch will be held at:

Arnie’s Bakery Restaurant
3561 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512

Saturday March 10th 2012
1:30pm - 3:30pm

Please RSVP to: sbeahan@miopencarry.org  no later than Wednesday, March 7,  2012.
 8)

I am planning to attend the luncheon, but not the seminar as I listened to Ryan's presentation just last Saturday.  Then back to Battle Creek two weeks later!  Hurray!

A big Thank You! to Steel Magnolia & Yance for taking such an active role in setting up these events in our corner of the state.  And to 'autosurgeon' for setting aside the time to give his presentations.

Roy Sprunger
 8)
Anetsprungen

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:21:39 PM »
bump
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Steel Magnolia

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »
I want to thank all who attended the luncheon and seminar today.  I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and learned some new things.   I need to call something to the attention of all who dined at Arnie's and paid with a credit or debit card.  Please check your accounts, It seems that Arnie's double charged some of us for our dinners.  There has been at least two people so far.  Shadow Bear and I are dealing with the management at Arnie's regarding our two double charges.  If you have been double charged please call 616-956-7901 ask to speak with the manager.  I pray this did not happen to anyone else.  I apologize for their ineptitude. 

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 08:49:55 PM »
No more luncheons at Arnie's, that's for sure. Clowns swiped the card twice- once AFTER I left with it in my pocket.

How they can do that, I don't know, but there should be a law against them storing my CC number for ANY period of time. I think its some sort of scam; I wonder how many people they do this to, and they never notice?
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 11:25:48 PM »
Yikes! I am glad I used cash! >:(
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »
I'm thinking identity theft ring, and they screwed up. Now they're backpedaling like crazy.

Arnie's deleted my post from their Facebook page; apparently they can't handle a little criticism....
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline TERMINATOR

• TERMINATOR Sport Fishing Charters - Pentwater, MI
  • First Name (Displayed): Freedom Is NOT Free...
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »

Thank you to Ryan and all the other MOC members that put together the lunch at Arnie's Restaurant and the seminar at Gander Mountain in Grand Rapids yesterday.

I have OC'ed for a while but was very hesitant about doing it in commercial businesses until I had the chance to join Ryan and the crew at Arnie's to get comfortable with it and to listen to Ryan talk at the lunch and the seminar to understand the laws and my rights.

Until yesterday I limited my OC to walks around my neighborhood and my property up north and was concerned about where and how I could OC beyond that.

The events yesterday have erased my concerns and I will now mix in more OC with my concealed carry going forward and I so believed in the message that my wife and I joined MOC so I could help educate and desensitize the public in my areas.

I will be inviting other 2nd Amendment believers I know to join MOC also and look forward to working with all of you in spreading the gospel from the church of the 2nd Amendment!

Capt Skip Berry
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:47:21 PM by TERMINATOR »
Shooting up my addiction to FREEDOM
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TERMINATOR

• TERMINATOR Sport Fishing Charters - Pentwater, MI
  • First Name (Displayed): Freedom Is NOT Free...
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 08:46:29 PM »
Bummer about the credit card thing....I will have to watch mine.

So far only one charge on it but will be watching it.

I have had my numbers scammed while traveling on business but both times it was a rouge employee copying down numbers or using a "skimmer" before swiping it for the restaurant, then the numbers were used elsewhere (not the restaurant).

In my experience if there is a double hit at the restaurant itself (or any merchant) it tends to be more often than not an accident or computer/network error ie the employee not thinking the first transaction went through and swiping it again or the VISA system hanging and the transaction re-posting.

Very few restaurants these days are stupid enough to think they can double ding peoples credit/debit card and the owner won't ever notice and call them on it...at least not now in the days of looking at your accounts on-line.

In the old days...when you had to wait for your statement at the end of the month...you were more at risk, but even then it was more likely that a scammer would take the numbers and use the card elsewhere until the statement came and the owner noticed it.

Even in the old days it was stupid to "poop where you sleep" (try and double dip at your own restaurant) and make it obvious where the fraud was.  Even if you got away with it longer it was obvious where the crook was.

So, personally I would probably not suspect Arnie's was trying to rip people off as much as I would suspect some kind of error given how long Arnie's has been in business in Grand Rapids and given the fact that the waiter or whatever would not get anything from the crime...the only one to benifit would be the restaurant itself not the employee.

But I could be wrong.  My wife says I usually am.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:11:37 PM by TERMINATOR »
Shooting up my addiction to FREEDOM
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC