Author Topic: New carry gun input requested.  (Read 4252 times)

Offline hevymetal

New carry gun input requested.
« on: April 06, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »
I am considering purchasing another carry gun. I will be using it to OC as well as CC. I was looking for input from you guys that may have had any experience with these models on my candidates list. I would value you honest opinions and experiences.

H&K USP compact .40
Sig P229 enhanced elite .40
CZ-75 P-06 .40

Am I missing a worthy candidate here?

My qualifications for this weapon are:

1. .40 Caliber
2. Semi-Auto
3. De-cocker lever
4. Exposed hammer
5. DA/SA

Thanks for the help
Hevymetal

Offline bigbob

Re: New carry gun input requested.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »
Ill start by asking if u have shot any or all of thise pistols and what you thought of them. How did they feel? How did you shoot with them? If you have not shot them i suggest you do. Most ranges around me have a ladies night and will rent for feee to the ladys. So grab your mom, wife, sister and go shoot! Haha. I went in ready to buy an hk. 45 based on what i reasearch and recomendations. I ended up hating it and later bought a glock30sf. All u mentioned are going to be great guns. Its lary personal preference after you have decided what the contenders are with the features you want.

Offline METL

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 12:23:13 AM »

I owned a USPc .40 for a long time.  I really liked the gun, A LOT, until I got my glock...  ;)

With that said, it's a great sidearm.. if not a bit on the pricey side.  Functioned great, shot well, was accurate...  and a good size for CC or OC.

I have heard good things about sig and CZ as well..  I think you won't go wrong with any of those.  Check out the striker fire pistols though...  Glock, M&P, XD....   you may find you like them more. 

Carry on.

Offline bigbob

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 02:45:37 AM »
sorry for the horrible spelling, that was sent on my Iphone. fat fingers don't agree with touch screens. "largely personal preference"  "Hk c45" im sure you understood the rest.

I too am a fan of striker fired pistols. That will open a hole different bag of candidates on the list though haha. If you are set on your list of credentials then you have three solid pistols on the list. Go shoot em.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 11:00:27 AM »
Have you looked at the Bersa 40UC?   I have the Bersa 9UC and 45UC and love carrying them.   I like hammer guns, they have the decocker, DA/SA trigger, ambi safety and slide release.  Plus they won't great your budget.   The new ones come with Sig style sites so you can change them if you want.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »
 8) Let it rock with the Glock. Carry on, (G-19, G-40).
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline TERMINATOR

• TERMINATOR Sport Fishing Charters - Pentwater, MI
  • First Name (Displayed): Freedom Is NOT Free...
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
8) Let it rock with the Glock. Carry on, (G-19, G-40).

Glock fan here too.  Great guns for the money.  Not cheap, not the most expensive but good gun for the money.  I carry a G27 for CC and OC and am considering the G22 for OC

I can shoot the 27 even with the short grip as my right pinky just tucks right under the grip comfortably but I have magazines that add one cartridge and extend the grip with a pinky rest that I use when I OC and size is not a concern.

Some people don't like the compact glocks but I love mine.
Shooting up my addiction to FREEDOM
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline bigbob

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 04:18:18 PM »
I did the same to my old ladys g26. Pearce+2 on the mags and i can get my whole paw on it now. I have a +0 on one of my g30 mags and i hate it though. It bites my pinky when the gun recoils and offers less room for your pinky than the stock base plate