Author Topic: Mall OC  (Read 5830 times)

Offline noahp87

• First Name (Displayed): Noah
Mall OC
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:38:52 AM »
Hey,
I'm new to this, so I have a few questions. About two days ago I OC at a mall and before I walked in looked for the code of conduct and didn't see any then I OC again at the same mall and saw that they put the code of conduct up and it said no illegal firearms or weapons. Can you still OC w/o a CPL at a mall but must leave once approached by the owner/management? There is also an outdoor mall that is owned by the same person but the code of conduct doesn't say anything about weapons or firearms being prohibited. Why is that?
Thanks

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Mall OC
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 09:12:49 AM »
Are you planning on carrying an illegal weapon?

Offline noahp87

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
Deffunitley not, but it's weird that the same guy who owns lakeside mall has a no firearms policy and at partridge creek (outdoors) doesn't hae one.

Offline noahp87

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:01:07 PM »
Oh and to add another thing. My buddy and I were there for a few hours and no one approached us or anything even a security guard saw us OCing at the indoor mall.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 01:13:49 AM »
If you are not carrying an illegal weapon, you are good to go.

Offline noahp87

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 02:41:08 AM »
Would OC w/o a CPL be considered illegal since there is a sign posted? My gun is registered and everything, just making sure its ok before i do it again.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Mall OC
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 07:27:29 AM »
The sign says no illegal weapons. Yours isn't illegal. The worse that is likely to happen is you'd be asked to leave.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Twinge

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »
i would agree, since it says "illegal" you should be ok! ours in saginaw clearly states "no weapons, unless they are carried by a uniformed peace officer" in like 4pt font on a sign thats about as big as a no parking sign